Chapter 57

Adam

"What?" Tex asked. I ignored him and started to walk to the table.

How could Courtney?

"Hey." I said, once I got to the table. Everyone one looked up at me and stopped smiling, except for Matt.

"Oh, hey A-Adam." Courtney said. She coughed and put her head kind of down. Matt got his tongue on one side of his mouth, still smiling.

"Hey Banks." Matt said. I ignored him and stared at Courtney.

"What's going on?" I asked, placing my trey on the table.

"Oh, you didn't hear? Me and Courtney are dating." Matt stated. He looked at Courtney and kissed her on the cheek. I was still staring at Courtney.

"Courtney, can I talk to you?" I asked. She nodded lightly. She got up and we walked outside of the lunch area. She leaned against the wall with her back with her arms crossed. I shook my head.

"Why Courtney." I asked. She didn't answer. "Why, Courtney. You know I love you! And you date him?!"

"Adam I had no choice. The Ducks got kicked out of the college and he just asked me out and I kinda like him... Anyway, I'm goin' back to Tennessee in four days. I'm leavin' the college in two days so why not." She snapped. I shook my head.

"You did too?" I asked. She shot me a confused look.

"What?"

"You got kicked out too, huh?" I asked. She nodded.

"Did you?" She asked in her sweet voice. I nodded. She sighed. "I'm sorry Adam."

"It's fine." I sighed. She grabbed my hand and looked up at me like a sad puppy.

"Remember what I told you when we were 11 and 12 years old?" She asked. I nodded. "You can't be the only guy in my life. I need others too."

"I know. Just I don't think Matt is the one for you." I implied. She nodded.

"Adam I know. But I love him okay?" She said. I nodded.

"I'm gonna miss you again." I said with a shy smile. She let out a little laugh.

"Me too, again." She admitted. I'm smiled, then we hugged. I'm going to miss her hugs, her stories, her smile, her eyes, I'm going to miss everything about her...