Chapter 58

Courtney

Matt and I were walking to my dorm, hand in hand. I had my book on my left side while my right hand was in Matts left hand.

"Yeah, New York is a tough place." Matt implied.

"I can tell. What part of New York were you from?" I asked.

"New York City." Matt replied. "I miss it there, like I'm going to miss you." He said as he kissed me on the cheek.

"I'm goin' to miss you too." We finally got to my dorm door. We stopped and un-gripped our hands. I turned around to where my back was facing the door. I smiled.

"I'll see you later." I said. He smiled, then lean in and kissed me. I didn't kiss back though. Once he stopped kissing me, he back away. I smiled and turned around and unlocked the door.

I walked in and closed it. I leaned against the door. I saw Catie on her bed reading a book. She looked up from it and looked at me.

"Hey, what's up?" She asked. I smiled.

"I don't know." I said. I put my hand on my forehead and walked over to my bed and sat down. Catie came over and say next to me.

"What's wrong, Court?" She asked. I shrugged.

"I think I'm in love with two people." I stated. I heard her gasp.

"Who?" She asked.

"You know Adam?" I asked. She smiled.

"Of course I do! He's the cute one." Catie said. I laughed.

"Well, him and this new guy Matt Shift. I'm dating him right now but I don't know if I'm actually 'in love' with him." I said. I looked at her and she was staring at me with a straight face.

"M-Matt S-Shift?" She stuttered. "A hockey player, right?" She asked. I nodded. "He's got a scar on his uh, right arm, right?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied. "How do you know?" I asked. Catie looked down. "Catie?" I asked. She didn't move. I grabbed her hand. "Catie? What's wrong?" I asked.

"He's here. Where is he?" She asked. I stared at her in shock.

"He said he was going to the ice rink for practice tonight, his coach wants him to practice tonight." I said. Right away, she shot up, grabbed her coat, and started to run out. "Catie!" I screamed. I got up and got my coat. I started to run after her.

"Catie!" I yelled again. She didn't stop. I started to sprint to catch up to her. "I'm not a runner! I'm a hockey player!" I screamed. I finally got to her and tackled her.

I was on top of her. She started to struggle to get away from me. "Catie! Calm down! I'll count to three, I'll get off of you and you calm the hell down!" I screamed.

She was still struggling. "One! Two! Three!" I rolled off of her and she stopped moving. We both were short of breath and on our backs.

We both looked at each other. I shook my head. "You're crazy." I stated. She laughed. We both got up from the ground. I looked at her. "What... What was that?" I asked. "What's so important about Matt?" I asked. She looked at me.

"He's my brother."