Chapter 33

Courtney

"One potato, two potato, three potato..." I started to count. I was bored out of my mind. I can't do anything for twenty-four hours.

All I can do is just stay in my dorm where there is no "danger". I sat up in my bed. I looked around the dorm. "What to do, what to do." I said sheeply. I got up slowly and started to walk around so I don't get sore. It still hurt. But not as bad.

I walked over to my dresser and got my sweatshirt, well, Adam's sweatshirt. The one he gave me when I hurt my rib and he gave to me to keep me warm. I put it down and started to take off my shirt so I can put on the sweatshirt.

I looked down at my side and saw a huge bruise on my side where it hurts. I looked back up and took a deep breath in. Why did I ever race Adam eleven years ago?

I heard the door start to open. I looked over and saw Adam walk in. He looked at me.

"Adam!" I screamed. Adam stared at me.

"Oh my gosh! Courtney! I'm sorry!" Adam yelled, still staring at me. I grabbed his sweatshirt and covered myself.

"Adam! What are you doin'?! How'd you get in! Dammit!" I screamed. He closed his eyes.

"I'm sorry. I wanted to check on you and I didn't want you to get up so I asked Catie for the key." Adam explained quickly. I started to take deep breaths. He opened his eyes. I stared at him. I nodded.

"Okay." I whispered. He swallowed hard.

"How's your rib. You okay?" He asked.

"It hurts." I replied. Adam nodded shyly.

"Need help with your sweatshirt?" He asked. I nodded slowly. He came over and took the sweatshirt softly from me. He looked down at my rib. He got his right hand and put his fingers gently on it. I made a sour face. "Sorry."

"It's fine." I implied. He helped me with the sweatshirt. He looked at me. He smiled.

"I remember giving you the sweatshirt." He said. I smiled.

"And I'll never forget it." He started down at me. He smiled.

"Why did you give me another chance?" He asked. I shrugged.

"Because I love you." He smiled and leaned into me. We both started to kiss. He put his hands gently on my waist. I do love him.

I still do.