Chapter 106

Courtney

"Come on, Courtney. Let's play." James stated. I nodded and skated over to where I was supposed to be. The referee was talking to the announcer. Charlie came up to me.

"Can't believe we lost Adam for four minutes." Charlie sighed in frustration. I nodded.

"Adam Banks, #99 and Matt Shift, #44, are now in the penalty box for roughing for four minutes. This is causing this game to be a four on four game." The announcer announced. I rolled my eyes and looked at Charlie.

"Come on, let's just get through this game."

__________________________

Adam

We were in the locker room. It's third period, and we're down by one. Coach was telling us some tips on trying to tie the game.

"You guys need to stop fighting! Three people already got into the penalty box and one person out! Banks, Conway, and Reed! And now Guy is out completely and we're down one person. What's with you guys?!" Coach asked. I looked down.

"Look. All I'm asking you guys is to try harder. You guys are doing amazing, but if we push it a little more, well, let's just say we will make it." Coach said. We all cheered. "Okay, we still have fifteen minutes left, so just relax." Coach said. All of a sudden, a news reporter came barging in to the locker room.

"Coach Orion! Please come here." The news lady said. Coach looked at Courtney, then walked over to the lady. They started to talk. I walked over to Courtney and Charlie.

"Hey guys." I said. They looked up at me.

"Hey Adam. Come sit with us." Courtney suggested. I walked over and sat down next to Courtney.

"Adam! Courtney! Come here, now!" Coach demanded. I sighed as I started to get up.

"Ugh, I just sat down." I sighed. I heard Courtney start to giggle. We walked over to Coach and the lady.

"Okay, we will like to interview you guys real quick about the game if you can follow me." She asked. We walked down the hall behind her. I looked at Courtney. She looked really tired and sweaty.

I got a flashback of walking next to her when I was eleven. With her natural light brown hair in a high ponytail, with a sweatshirt and blue jeans. Her green eyes glistening in the sunlight. Her ponytail bobbing in the way she walks. She looked at me.

"Adam?" She asked. I closed my eyes, then opened then. I saw her again, but her at fifteen. Her ombré hair in beautiful curls. Her green eyes behind the black, framed glasses. Her white t-shirt and shorts.

She looked at me again. "Adam?" I closed my eyes again and opened them. I saw her again, but what she looks like now. She was staring at me. "You okay Adam?" She asked. I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm alright."