Chapter fifty seven: Adjusting

(Brad's P.O.V)

It's our first night at home as a family of five. Me, Jen, Pollyanna-Grace, Ophelia-Rose and Norman. We've settled in well and the girls are so well behaved. Jen is upstairs running the bath so we can give the girls their first bath to get all the goop out of their hair... we've wiped most of of it off with a warm cloth but they definitely need a bath.

I changed my first poopy diaper earlier when we got home and it wasn't as bad as I thought but Jen did make it look easy, probably because Ophelia didn't move a muscle when Jen changed her but when I changed Pollyanna, she thought it would be a good idea to scream the house down. I felt the guiltiest I've ever felt but as soon as she had a clean diaper on she was much happier. She obviously doesn't like diaper changes.

"The bath is ready babe" Jen says coming downstairs and picking Pollyanna up from her dockatot

We make our way upstairs and Jen is going to bath with Pollyanna first as she can only hold one baby in the bath at a time but I want to come and watch. We have a system in place. After Pollyanna is all clean, Jen will pass her to me and I'll pass Jen Ophelia whilst I get Pollyanna nice and dry and into her pyjamas.

Jen undresses and gets in the bath and I pass her Pollyanna who seems to really enjoy the water. Jen carefully splashes water over her head and massages the baby shampoo gently into her scalp before rinsing it off. She gets her body washed and now it's time to swap. Ophelia seems to like the water just as much as her sister did and she looks so relaxed.

After the bath Jen gets dried off and we make our way to our bedroom. Jen feeds both girls and then she places Ophelia in the bassinet next to her side of the bed and I place Pollyanna in the bassinet that's next to my side of the bed. They fall asleep immediately since they are nice and full. Jen gives them both kisses before climbing into bed. I go back downstairs to let Norman outside for a wee and when he came back in I finally head back upstairs. I kiss both girls too before I climb into bed, I lean over to kiss and Jen and we share a small tender kiss and then I lean my arm over her to cuddle her.

"Goodnight baby, I love you" I whisper in her ear so I don't wake the girls

"Goodnight babe. Good luck for our first night. I love you so much too"

*A week later*

The girls are now one week old and Jen and Brad have been adjusting to lives as parents. They already have the girls into a pretty good sleeping routine... they go down for the night at 7:30pm and they wake up every three hours to eat. As they are still newborns they don't really have a time they wake up as they tend to just sleep through most of the day.

It's a Sunday morning and they are going to take the girls out of the house for the first time. They are going to walk to Courteney's this afternoon for a late lunch/early dinner and the rest of the F.R.I.E.N.D.S cast will be there to catch up and to see the babies.

"Are you excited about getting out of the house?" Brad asks as Jen lifts Pollyanna out of her bassinet

"I can't wait. It's their first time out of the house too and their first walk. We are taking Norm too, Court said it's fine"

Norman has adjusted amazingly well to the babies being in the house. The day they brought them home, they kept Norman in the kitchen behind a gate just in case he didn't react well. Then slowly as the days went on they introduced him to the girls a little bit more and now he has full range of the house again. He is so interested in them and he's very protective just like a good big brother.

Norman jumps on the bed and lays himself between Jen and Brad and sniffs the girls. Brad has Ophelia and Jen, Pollyanna.

"You're such a good big brother" Jen says as she gives his head a scratch and Norman gives a very quiet bark