Chapter seventy five: Our little miss sassy pants

The girls have been sleeping really well in their new beds. The first few nights were quite rough as Ophelia kept sneaking out and kept coming into Jen and Brad's room.

One night Jen woke up from a deep sleep to find herself face to face with a very sleepy Ophelia breathing on her face, clutching her 'blankie'. Jen sat up startled not expecting to see her there and she tried to take her back to bed but she was adamant that she was going to sleep in mama and dada's bed. Exhausted and not willing to argue with her toddler, Jen brought her back to their bed, put her between her and Brad and snuggled down until they both fell back to sleep.

(Jen's P.O.V)

Brad, the girls, River and I are all making an appearance on Ellen today. This will be the first time that we will show River to the world and to say I'm nervous is an understatement. We showed the girls off quite soon after they were born but for some reason, both Brad and I wanted to keep River's identity hidden for longer. No one other than our close family and friends knows what he looks like and knows his name so today is a huge deal for us as a family.

The girls on the other hand have been in the public eye since they were born. It was hard to know what to do and we just decided to show the pictures so people would stop hounding us. Now that they are toddlers it would've been so hard not to show their identity as we all love going to the park and going on family outings and I think this is another reason why we want to show River to the world, since it's harder to cover him up when we take the girls places since he's only getting bigger.

It's quite early in the morning, around 7am to be exact and we are all awake. The girls, especially little miss Ophelia is a little grumpy today as we had to wake them up. For toddlers, they sleep an awful lot even though if sometimes they try to resist it. On an ordinary morning, both girls will usually wake up around 8:30am/9:00am so they aren't too impressed at being awake so early.

"Awh baby why are you so sad?" I ask River as I pick him up from his play mat. He starts flapping his arms and then he lets out a huge fart letting me know that's probably why he's crying

"Does my baby have a bad belly" I rub his stomach and realise that I definitely need to change his diaper as this overwhelming stench takes over my sense of smell

I lay him down on the floor and start to change him. As I'm in the middle of wiping him, Ophelia comes over and plonks herself next to me.

"He dinky mama" She says as she holds her nose making me laugh

"That's why I'm changing his diaper baby"

"Yucky yucky Wiver"

"Hey, you still poop in you're diaper missy"

"He smew mama"

"So do you when you poop"

"Me not smew mama"

She keeps this conversation going for what seems like hours as I put a clean diaper on him and button his sleeper up. He's still crying to I situate him to feed him. Even though he's 5 months and old enough to start weaning onto food, he keeps choking on whatever soft food we give him so I'm sticking to just breastfeeding until he's a few months older.

I move onto the couch where it's easier to feed him and he latches straight away letting me know this is what he wanted this whole time.

"Mama got big boobies" Oh this is just a wonderful compliment from my nearly 2 year old daughter

"Mama hasn't got big boobies" I pretend to act hurt and she finds this very funny

"Yeah, wook mama... big boobies" She feels the need to pull the other side of my top down exposing my other breast just to prove her point