Chapter seventy four: Big girl beds

(Jen's P.O.V)

"Brad, I really think we should make the girls' cribs into toddler beds. They are constantly climbing out of them now and I don't want another accident to happen like last time"

"I've actually been thinking about that too and I was going to mention the idea to you. When the girls take their nap this morning, put them to sleep in our bed so I can take the sides off"

"I can't believe how big are babies are getting. All three of them are growing up so fast"

Pollyanna and Ophelia are nearly 2 years old and River hasn't long turned 5 months old. The girls' speech and communication are getting so much better and River is starting to roll over on his own.

When we went to River's monthly paediatrician appointment we were told that he is slightly delayed in some areas of his development so we are expecting for him to reach milestones a little later than 'usual'. At 5 months old, he is technically meant to be sitting up on his own but he's only recently learned how to roll over.

At first I was a bit hurt when hearing that my baby is struggling but now that I've had time to process everything, I feel totally fine about it now. He is still our River no matter what and no matter how long it takes him to accomplish things. He's still our baby and all he needs is a little bit of extra help and he will reach all of his milestones, it'll just take him a little bit longer that's all.

"Come on girls, it's nap time" I walk into the living room and they are playing with their dolls and prams

"No seepy mama, me not seepy" Ophelia always tries to get out of nap time but I always end up wining

"Me sweepy mama" Pollyanna always loves nap time, she is one of the rare breeds of children who actually likes sleeping

Pollyanna comes straight up to me and puts her arms up in their air for me to pick her up. I cradle her into my chest and she buries her head in my neck.

"Ophelia-Rose, naptime"

"No mama" She is still refusing to come so I use the only thing that I know that'll get her ass moving

"If you don't come now, I'll call dada and he will put you to sleep" With that, she jumps up and walks over to me in a huge strop. She may only be 23 months old but she is a little miss sassy pants

I hold her hand as I've got Pollyanna in my arms and we walk upstairs into my room. I take off their little jeans and their t-shirt and tuck them up in bed in a bodysuit and their diaper. I sit next to the bed and read them a story and before I can even finish it, they are both snoring their little heads off.

"Babe they're asleep, let me put River down for his nap and I'll come help you" I take River from Brad, feed him and place him in his bassinet next to where the girls are sleeping and I turn on their sound machine

I make my way into the girls' room to see that Brad has already got one of the cot rails off.

"They are going to love it" I say as I stand behind him and put my hands on his shoulders, squeezing them

"I know they'll call themselves 'big girls' now but there is one downside to taking their crib rails off"

"What's that babe?" I ask not having a clue where he's going with this

"We won't be able to have sex in peace anymore. Sooner or later they'll be able to open door knobs and there won't be a barrier stopping them" I can't help but laugh so hard at him right now

"Babe, what makes you think that we can have sex in peace now? We have three children and we can't really have sex in bed anymore due to our little man. I can't even count on my fingers and toes how many times we've been interrupted by cries and I've had to leave the room to feed them literally mid orgasm because you don't have any milk supply and they were screaming"