Chapter forty eight: Ellen

(Jen's P.O.V)

I'm doing a segment on Ellen today and I'm going to reveal that we are having twins and I'm going to reveal their genders.

Ellen came to our gender reveal party so she knows the genders but she is helping me to tell the world. We have a plan of taking one of my sonogram pictures and writing "Little Princesses" on it and then she'll display it on the huge screen.

I'm Ellen's first guest so I have to be at the studio really early to get my hair and make up done. It's currently 5am and I have to arrive at 7:30am to be ready to go on at 10am. It takes so long to have your hair and make up professionally done and I'm giving myself just enough time as I didn't want to wake up any earlier than I had to.

Brad is coming with me since he's going to come and join me on stage before we reveal everything but since he doesn't have to shower or anything, he's sleeping in until 6am.

I go in the shower and set the water to a lovely warm temperature. I use my favourite shampoo and conditioner scented strawberry and make sure my hair is squeaky clean. Then I wash my body in the same scented body wash and I do the necessary shaving which I do every time I shower.

After a very relaxing shower, I hop out and towel dry my hair and tie it in a bun. I wear a very comfy sweatshirt with matching sweatpants. I go downstairs and make some breakfast. I make a bagel with soft cheese. I would normally have a seeded bagel but since I'm pregnant, I can't eat anything with seeds as that's one of the major allergens and it could harm the babies if they happen to have a seed or nut allergy.

It's 6:15am and Brad has come downstairs to join me. He's dressed and his hair is all ready. Since he isn't one of the main guests on Ellen, he just goes wearing a suit from his closet but since I am a main guest this morning, my outfit is already at the studio and it has been for a few days. It's one of my favourite maternity dresses that I've worn all the time lately. It's casual and comfy but still nice enough for a talk show.

Brad eats his breakfast, we feed Norman and then it's time for us to leave

Brad eats his breakfast, we feed Norman and then it's time for us to leave. It takes 45 minutes to get to the studio so I always like to leave a little early just in case we get stuck in traffic which is likely at this time of the morning.

*At the studio*

We arrive at the studio right on time. We stopped off to get some coffee first... well Brad got coffee and I got tea. We grab our stuff and head inside. I'm taken straight to my dressing room and they start working on me instantly. Chris and Angela were there before me so they set out everything they need. I'm having nothing fancy doing to my hair, just styled.

Chris takes it out of the bun and gets to work. He starts off by drying the few pieces of hair that are still wet and then he gets on to curling it. Angela works on my makeup and two hours later I'm all done. Now all that's left is to get dressed.