Chapter seventy one: It's time to start pushing👶🏻

(Jen's P.O.V)

"Brad... my waters have just broke"

"Oh shit, okay baby stay calm everything will be fine"

"Before my contractions start can you please call Courteney to come and stay with the girls. Call her now Brad" Brad rushes to the phone and calls Court

"Hi Court, Jens waters have just gone. We need you to come and sit with the girls just in case we need to go to the hospital soon"

"Oh my goodness. Yay, I'll be over right now"

I'm sitting on the edge of the bed cupping my stomach as I'm going through my first contraction. It wasn't at all painful, it just felt like some pressure and it was over within one minute. Just in case they start getting worse, I decide to go downstairs so I don't wake the girls as they are sleeping peacefully. As I'm making my way downstairs Brad is walking back up the stairs and he helps me to the couch where he stays with me until Court arrives.

"Oh my goodness, hey! I can't believe it's happening. He's going to be here soon and I can't wait to meet him" Court says as she comes through the door and sits down next to me on the couch

"I know I can't wait either. All of this pain will be so worth it in the end. I can't wait to meet our handsome man"

"How have your contractions been? Have you had any yet? Are they painful?" Court has a never ending list of questions

"I've had one so far and it didn't hurt at all. It just felt like pressure, like the early stages of a period"

"Baby, can I have some ice water?" I ask Brad as I can feel another contraction coming

Again this one isn't painful at all, just slightly more pressure than the last one. So far the two contractions I've had have been fifteen minutes apart so I don't think we will be going to the hospital anytime soon.

"Thank you babe, can you call Dr Smith and just let her know that my waters have gone and just see what she says" I thank Brad for the water and he goes to make the phone call

"Hello, this is Brad. Jens waters broke around thirty minutes ago so is there anything we need to do?"

"Oh how exciting. Has she had any contractions and if so, how many, how long do they last for and how far apart have they been?"

"She's had two contractions. They are around fifteen minutes apart and last for one to two minutes"

"Excellent! Seen as they are quite far apart she's not in active labour at the moment so I would suggest maybe running her a nice warm bath which should help with the pain of the contractions and make sure that you keep timing them. When her contractions get five minutes apart and only last for thirty seconds then give me a ring and we will both make our way to the hospital"

"Thank you so much. We'll see you soon"

"Baby, I'm going to run you a warm bath. The doctor said that it might help with the contractions" Brad comes up to me and tells me everything Dr Smith said and he's gone to run me a bath

He comes back in and I've had another contraction which was slightly painful but I had Court to help me through it. I ask Court to go and get me a pair of bikini bottoms as I want her in the bathroom with us too. I don't bother with a bikini top because one, we are best friends and two, we are both women and we both have breasts.

She comes back down and she leaves just for a minute for Brad to help me get undressed and he helps me into the bikini bottoms. He tries to get me to wear a bikini top but I tell him that I don't want to feel uncomfortable and I tell him that it's only Court. He tells her she can come back in when I'm in the bath tub and they both sit on the floor next to the tub.