Chapter 122: Adjusting

It's been a week since Brad suggested the idea of him and Jen spending time apart. They haven't spoken a word to each other unless it was when one of them dropped the kids off to the other. The girls have been asking questions but neither Jen or Brad have addressed them, knowing the they're way too little to understand what's going on and both of them wanting to keep their childhood as pain free as possible. Even though this is a tough time for them, they have already worked out a system that's working for now. Jen has the kids Monday through Thursday and Brad has them Thursday evening through to Monday morning.

Jen is still staying at Courteney's, not wanting the media to get wind of their separation and she's not ready to look for another house yet. Her and Brad haven't even discussed the long term plans yet because for now, all this is is a separation, they aren't getting divorced.

Jen is on the way to drop the kids off to Brad's so she can go to work.

"Mommy, you see us latew?" Pollyanna asks from the backseat of the car

"Mommy's going back to Nunu's later, you're spending the night with daddy tonight, that sounds fun doesn't it?"

"Yeah mommy! Me wove daddy, and you do"

"Yes baby, we all love daddy. Come on, mommy's got to get to work" She unbuckles the girls from their car seats and lifts them out and she then does the same for River and Emery. She walks to the door with Emery in her arms, with the girls and River running ahead

"DADDY DADDY!" The girls and River shout as they open the front door

"Hello my princesses and my prince. Where's my other prince?" Brad bends down and wraps his arms around his three children

"Wif mommy, he coming now daddy"

"Here he is" Jen says bluntly as Brad takes Emery from her

"Will I see you tonight?" Brad asks as he bounces Emery up and down on his hip

"I don't think so, I don't think it's a good idea, especially with these around, plus I've got a busy day today"

"I haven't seen you for so long"

"And who's fault is that?"

"Jen, come on"

"I'm just not ready yet, can you accept that?"

"Sure I can but you do know we need to talk soon"

"I do know that Brad"

"Good, my parents are having the kids next week so maybe then will be a good time?"

"You're parents are having them? Oh okay, um... next week sounds fine but I'll need you to have them for a little bit longer this weekend though... I think until Tuesday. Court has planned a long weekend away for me, she thinks it's a good idea for me to take my mind off of everything"

"Of course I'll have them until Tuesday, that's what I'm here for. Well, I hope you enjoy your weekend, because you deserve it"

"Thank you. Well, I better be going. Bye my babies, mommy will see you soon okay?"

"Bye bye mommy" Jen bends down and gives all of her children a kiss before walking towards the front door

"Mommy, you no daddy tiss" Jens heart breaks into a million pieces. Even though she's so hurt by Brad, she wants nothing more than to jump into his arms and attach her lips to his. She doesn't want their marriage to end

"Not today sweetheart, mommy's running late to work" And with that, she's gone

<><><><><>

(Brad's P.O.V)

"Right then girls, shall we all go to the playground?"

"YEAH PWAYGWOUND"

I put River and Emery into their double stroller and attach some reigns to the girls so they don't run off into the road or too far away from me. I lock up the house and we make our way down the road to our local playground.

"I go on swide daddy and then the swings"

"That sounds like a good plan darling"

I unclip the reigns off the girls and they run over to the slides and then I take out River and then Emery.

"Shall we go on the swings buddy?"

"Yeah, me swing"

With one arm, I lift River into the swing and I put Emery into the other one. I slowly push them and they both start laughing.

"DADDY WOOK AT ME" The girls call me from a few yards away so I can watch them go down the slide

"Go on then, show me how fast you can go"

They both sit down, hold hands and push themselves down until they're at the bottom.

"Woah, you both went super duper fast"

"Swings now daddy"

I pick them both up and put them into a double swing-set and I move between the three swings so I can push them.

"Oh wow, you're Brad Pitt" A young girl comes up to me

"Yes, yes I am"

"Oh my god, I can't believe it. Can I please have a photo with you"

I smile for a quick photo before I go back to pushing the swings.

<><><><><>

(Jen's P.O.V)

I've just got back to Courteney's after a long ass day at work. I go straight to my room to take a shower and change into some comfortable clothing. No ones here at the minute, so I take this time to just lay down on the bed and think things over. There's nothing I can really do about this anymore. I don't want a separation but Brad does. What am I going to do without him? How am I going to cope with being a single mother to four children? This isn't how I saw my future. I know I don't look far into the future but I did with my marriage and family. I always thought we'd grow old together, become grandparents and welcoming grandchildren together. That picture just seems to be moving further and further away. I have no idea what our future holds but no matter what, I know I'll do the absolute best I can for my children.

My eyes are getting heavier and I slowly close them but a few minutes later, I'm awoken by my phone ringing... it's Brad.

"Hello?"

"MOMMY" I hear a little squeaky voice on the other end and it's my princess Pollyanna

"Hi my baby"

"Mommy, we go pwaygwond today and go on swing and swide"

"You went on the swings and the slides? Wow, that sounds like a lot of fun"

"Yeah, it was fun"

"We're you a good girl for daddy?"

"Yes. Daddy got us ice cweam"

"You're so lucky to go to the playground and have ice cream"

"Mommy, Phewia talk now"

"MOMMY" It's now my other little princess

"Hi baby. Did you have fun today?"

"Yeah, wots of fun. Daddy tooked us to pwaygwound and ice cweam"

"It sounds like you've had so much fun. Where are your brothers?"

"Sweeping but we bwinging Emey to see you now mommy. Me, Powwy and Wiver wat to sweep wif daddy" It's not their designated day to sleep with Brad, but I'll never deprive my children of staying with their father if they want to

"Oh you're coming now? I'll see you very soon then princess. You can sleep with daddy as much as you want baby"

"Okay but me sweep wif you morrow"

"That sounds like a plan baby"