Chapter 107: Everyone's sick

Everyone in the Aniston-Pitt household has come down with what they suspect if the flu. Jen and Brad can both barely lift their heads of the pillows, and they have four young children, who are also very sick to look after.

All six of them, along with Norman, are laying in the queen bed in Jen and Brad's bedroom. They've been sleeping like this for the past three days, ever since they all became sick.

"Brad, I really think that if we're not better by tomorrow, we really need to go the doctors office and confirm the flu. We can't keep going on like this for much longer. I'm exhausted, my heads pounding, I'm feeling so sick and it's not like anyone can even come and help take care of the kids"

"Why don't we just go today? We won't be better by tomorrow"

"I don't even know how we're gonna get there. Every time I open my eyes, the room spins and I get shooting pains through my head"

"I'll drive us there. We'll just wear sunglasses and we'll cover the windows in the back for the kids so it's not too bright in their for them either"

After much coaxing, Jen finally manages to lift herself out of bed, but not without her whole body aching as she does so. She somehow manages to find the strength to pick Emery up, walk to his room and change his diaper.

A few minutes later, a very green looking Jen returns to the bedroom to find Brad and the rest of the kids all ready to go. There's absolutely no point in changing the children out of their pyjamas, it's just so unnecessary, so they keep them as they are and Jen just throws on some slacks, along with Brad.

<><><><><>

(Jen's P.O.V)

"Yes, we've all come down with what I assume is the flu, so we've just come here to confirm"

We are now all in the doctors office, wearing big hoodies as we are all freezing. The doctor has just seen us and she's organising tests for us all to see if we have the flue.

"Right, Jennifer if I could do you first"

I open my mouth and she shoves the swab down the back of my throat which makes me gag so much as I'm already feeling so nauseous, but thankfully it's over within seconds.

Brad has his done and now it's time for the girls. I hold Pollyanna as the doctor swabs her throat and unfortunately she vomits everywhere... all over me, herself and the floor and then she bursts out into hysterics.

"Shh... Shh... Shh. It's okay baby"

"No sicky mommy. Nooooooo!"

"It's alright darling" I comfort her as best as I can without getting her covered in vomit even more

The nurse hands me a bucket as she's still vomiting, so I sit in the corner of the room with her while Brad holds Ophelia for her test.

Without fail, Ophelia vomits everywhere too, leaving Brad and I with our hands full and not even able to hold River and Emery for their tests. Thankfully, the nurse calls for assistance and a lovely nurse comes in to help with our boys. Surprisingly, River and Emery don't vomit, so now Brad and I can start cleaning up the girls whilst we all wait for our results.

"Right, all the tests have come back. Jennifer, you've tested positive for the flu and strep, and so have you Brad. All the children have tested positive for the flu as well. I'm going to give you all a course of antibiotics and Jennifer and Brad, you've also got a course of anti inflammatories to help with your strep. I want you all to go home and get as much rest as possible. If anything worsens, then I want you to go straight to the ER"

<><><><><>

(Brad's P.O.V)

We've all just got home and decide to give the kids a bath to hopefully soothe them a little, and to get the vomit out of the girls' hair.

"Daddy, I feew yucky" Ophelia says as she's on the verge of tears

"I know you do princess but the doctor gave us all some medicine to make us feel better. Want some medicine now?" She nods her head, letting me know she must be sick if she's voluntarily asking for medication

I leave Jen upstairs with all the kids in the bathtub as I go downstairs and prepare the first dose of medication for them all. Once everything's in syringes, I go back upstairs so they can finally take it.

"Mommy give me medicine" Pollyanna says as she opens her mouth ready

"1... 2... 3..." Jen squirts the medication into her mouth and she immediately cries at the disgusting taste

"THATS YUCKY. NO MORE!"

"I know it's yucky sweetheart but you've got to take it to make you feel better"

Now all the children are dosed up on medicine and are out of the bath and into clean pyjamas. I go and tuck the girls into bed and they fall asleep immediately. Before I leave, I turn on the baby monitor so we can hear everything that goes on tonight, just in case they need us. I meet Jen back in the bedroom after she's put River down and she's now breastfeeding Emery.

"Brad... bowl quick!" She looks at me with a green face and I rush to get a bowl from the bathroom and as soon as I place it in front of her, she empties the contents of her stomach. This woman is an absolute trooper. Vomiting and yet she's still making sure our baby gets his milk

She keeps vomiting for a few more minutes, before she gestures for me to take Emery off of her as it becomes more violent. She runs to the bathroom with the bowl under her and she switches to leaning over the toilet, holding her hair back. I try my best to quickly rock Emery to sleep so I can go and help her.

"Alright. Keep it coming, you'll be so much better after this babe" I hold her hair and pat her back as she continues to vomit. I don't think I've ever seen her vomit this much, not even during her pregnancies

I know how much she hates throwing up and soon enough, there's nothing left in her stomach and she's now just dry heaving. I get her a glass of water and once she can keep that down, I help her to climb into bed. She asks me to take her clothes off as she's running a high fever and even though she's cold, she knows the fever will come down if she strips herself off.

I turn the lights off to the bedroom but before I can go to sleep, I clean up the bathroom with an antibacterial spray. Finally, I can climb into bed. I pull Jen close to me so she feels safe and comforted and soon enough, all of us are sleeping... but I think it's going to be a very rough night ahead.