Chapter ninety six: Let's keep it a surpirse

(Brad's P.O.V)

"Jen?"

I whisper since it's 2am as I feel her side of the bed is empty. I get out of bed and look to see if she's up sick in the bathroom but she's not in there. I go into the girls and then River's room and she's not there either. I make my way downstairs thinking she must be down here somewhere. I walk into the kitchen to find her sitting in the doorway of our double doors leading to the backyard.

"There you are. I've been looking for you"

"Here I am"

"Why are you naked?"

"What?" She gives me a confused look

"Oh no, I didn't mean it like that. You know I love seeing you naked, but why are you sitting here naked?" I take a seat next to her

"Because I'm absolutely boiling. I'm sweating so much, I need to cool down and this bump isn't helping" I rest my hand on her stomach, rubbing over it gently

"Everything okay babe?"

"Mmhmm..."

"Jen... come on babe, what's wrong? What's going on in your head?"

"Honestly it's nothing. You'll think I'm being pathetic but I just needed to get some fresh air. I'm feeling so nauseous, I've thrown up twice since I've been down here and I can't seem to cool down at all"

"You know I'll never think you're pathetic. Do you have a fever?"

"I don't know, I haven't checked" I feel her forehead and she does feel warm

I get up and go to our medicine cabinet and get the thermometer and go back to sitting next to Jen. I put the thermometer in her ear to see if she's got a fever.

"Jen, you've got a really high temperature. 102.5 baby"

"That explains why I don't feel very well"

"I know you're hot but we really need to get you back into bed. Come on, let me help you" I stand up and pull her with

"Wait... I feel really dizzy"

I quickly pick her up to make sure she doesn't fall, where she wraps her legs around my waist and I take her upstairs to bed.

"How do you feel now babe?"

"Still dizzy... the room is spinning and I'm sweating in places I didn't even know you could sweat in"

"I'm sorry you're not well baby. Try to get some sleep and hopefully you'll feel better in the morning" I don't cover her with the thick bed sheet because she's got such a high temperature, so instead I give her a big thin blanket to make sure she doesn't overheat

"Is that a bit better for you?"

"Mmhmm, thank you baby"

"Now close your eyes and go to sleep. I'll be here all night okay so just wake me up if you need to"

<><><><><>

3:30am

Jen has been tossing and turning for the last hour and a half, unable to fall into a deep sleep since all her muscles and joints are aching. Brad hasn't fallen asleep because he wants to make sure she's okay. He even phoned the out of hours doctor to get his advice and he just told Brad to keep a close eye on her and to watch out for signs of her getting worse.

9:30am

Jen finally managed to get 6 hours of uninterrupted sleep. At 4am, she took some medication which made her feel a lot better. Brad got up with the kids and Drea has already picked them up. She's taking them for the morning because Jen and Brad have got an appointment with the OBG/YN today.