Chapter twenty four: Guys night out

Since Jen went out with the girls last weekend, Brad has decided to go out with the guys this weekend. He's going to a bar with Leo and George. They haven't seen each other for months so this will be like a little reunion.

Jen is downstairs, busy trying to come up with a guest list for their wedding. So far for her guests she has got:

1. Her father
2. Dre and Mitch
3. Courteney and David A
4. Lisa and Michel
5. David Schwimmer
6. Matt LeBlanc
7. Matthew Perry
8. Aileen
9. Ellen and Portia
10. Paul Rudd

She hasn't told Dre this yet but she wants her to be her maid of honour. They have been best friends since they were 14 years old so it only seems right.

"What are you doing honey" Brad asks as he walks into the kitchen and sees Jen sitting at the island

"I'm trying to figure out my guest list for the wedding. I think we should send our invitations out soon" Jen says tapping her pen on the table

"That sounds like fun. Who have you got so far?" Brad asks looking over her shoulder. Jen shows him who she's written down

"I really think you should start to think about your guest list Brad. You also need to choose a best man" Jen says as she looks back at him

"There's plenty of time for that baby" 

"Brad... we have just over a year until we get married. I think it's important that we send out the invitations soon so we give people plenty of time to see if they can make it"

"Jen we haven't even picked a venue yet. Let's do that first and then we can send out the invitations" Brad rests his hands on her shoulders

"Well what do you say... in the next few weeks can we sit down and really discuss everything"

"Of course we can baby. I can't wait to start planning" Brad gives her a kiss and goes to make a cup of coffee

*That evening*

7pm

(Brad's P.O.V)

I've just finished getting dressed and I'm going to meet the guys at the bar in twenty minutes. I'm just wearing a casual shirt and a pair of jeans with brown leather shoes. I spray on aftershave and walk into the bedroom sitting on the bed next to Jen.

"Well don't you look handsome" Jen says running her hand down my chest over my shirt

"Only the best for the guys" I say as a joke... winking at Jen

I check my watch and realise I have to go.

"Baby I've got to go now" I say standing up from the bed

"Ohhhhh. Okay baby" Jen pretends to be sad. She wraps her arms around me and leans in for a kiss

"I love you so much and I'll see you later" I bend down to give her another passionate kiss before walking to exit the bedroom

"I love you so much too. Please check in with me so I know you're okay" She says following me as I'm going down the stairs

"Of course I will babe. I'll ring you to let you know when I'm on my way home. I shouldn't be out too late anyway... maybe 10:30pm/11pm" I reassure her and I leave the house to meet the guys.

(Jen's P.O.V)

I'm relaxing on the couch with Norman laying on my lap and I'm reading a book. The fire is on as it's slightly chilly and I'm wearing fluffy pyjamas and wrapped up in a huge fleece blanket. Brad rang me about an hour ago to let me know he's okay and that he's having fun.

"Come on Norm" I stand up walking to the back door. Norman follows me and I let him out. I make myself some nachos and dip and then let Norman back in after he's done what he needs to do. I go back to sit on the couch with my warm cheese nachos and watch a movie.

*two hours later*

I must have fallen asleep whilst watching the movie because I just woke up and it's 11:30pm. I notice the time and Brad should be home by now. I check the house but there's no sign of him so I decide to call him.

I call... no answer

I call again... no answer

I call three more times... NO ANSWER

It's now 12am and he still isn't home. What if something's happened to him. It's really not like him to not call if he's going to be late. I start to get really concerned so I call court.

"Jen... it's midnight what's wrong?" Court answers the phone in a groggy voice as if I've just woken her up

"Brad... he's not home. He said he'd be home at 11pm at the latest. I've rang him so many times and he's not answering. Court what should I do? What if something's wrong?"

"Jen... first of all you need to calm down. His phone probably died. I bet he's on his way home right now. Wait a little longer and I'm sure he'll be home soon"

I hang up after we talk for a little more so she can go back to sleep. I take my phone and go upstairs and sit in bed with Norman. I decide to call Brad one more time.

"Hellooooo" Brad says on the other end of the phone... he's clearly drunk

"Brad where are you? It's quarter last twelve are you okay?" I say hoping he says yes

"Jeeeeen... I'm f...fine. Calm down" I start getting annoyed now

"Calm down... calm down... don't tell me to calm down. I've been ringing you and ringing you and you don't answer. You're an hour and fifteen minutes late. I wouldn't care if you'd have rung me and told me you were staying out but don't tell me to calm down when I've been worried sick not knowing if you're okay" I hang up the phone too angry to speak to him right now.

I turn all the lights off and decide to go to sleep since he's absolutely fucking fine. I'm not waiting up for him anymore just for him to come home absolutely hammered. He couldn't even talk properly when he spoke on the phone.

1:30am

I'm slightly stirring from a deep sleep. I can hear the front door open and close and I check the time. 1:30am and he's only now coming home. I hear heavy steps coming up the stairs and into our bedroom. I turn over and see Brad at the end of the bed taking his clothes off and he climbs into bed in his boxers. I turn back the other way so I'm not facing him and pretend to go back to sleep.

"Jen" I hear a whisper coming from his side of the bed

"What?" I snap at him turning to face him

"I'm sorry babyyy" He tries to hug me but I push him away

"Don't Brad. You absolutely stink of alcohol and you can't just 'baby' me and think it'll make everything better. I'm so mad at you right now. You're lucky there's not a bed in the spare room because you'd be in there tonight and NOT in here with me. You had me so worried and you didn't even have the courtesy to call me. Just go to sleep... we'll talk about this in the morning". I turn back to face away from him and fall back to sleep just ignoring what else he has to say.