Chapter sixty seven: Parents getaway pt2

It's everyone's first full day in Cabo today. They arrived late last night and after they went exploring for a little bit, they all came back and went straight to bed. Unfortunately Jen and Brad were awake most of the night due to Jen's sickness. She constantly tried to get Brad to go back to bed but he wouldn't leave her side all night.

(Jen's P.O.V)

Last night was probably one of the worst nights I've had in such a long time. I don't think I even got an hour of sleep due to me throwing up all night long. Brad was such a gentleman. He insisted on staying by my side all throughout the night and we actually ended up just bringing our pillows and blankets into the bathroom so I had easy access to the toilet. I told Brad that he didn't have to sleep on the floor with me but like the most amazing husband he is, that's exactly what he did.

When I woke up this morning I really didn't want to go out for breakfast but the others did and Brad insisted on staying with me but I made him go. I want him to enjoy this vacation and not spend it stuck with me in the apartment.

I went back to sleep when he left and I've just woken up and it's 9:30am. Thankfully I finished throwing up about 5am this morning so I've been tucked up in the nice comfy bed for the rest of the morning. I'm desperate for a wee but I'm so comfortable but I force myself out of bed. I sleepily walk to the bathroom and I'm still half asleep sitting on the toilet. I do what I need to do but when I finish and stand up to flush the toilet, I notice that there's some blood droplets in the toilet. I get some more toilet paper and wipe down below and there's blood on the tissue... not a lot of blood but enough for me to start freaking out.

The rest of them are back now and they are sitting in the courtyard chatting and having some coffee. I don't know what to do, I'm frozen.

"BRAAAAADDDDD" I scream his name and I can hear him running as fast as he can

"What's wrong baby? Jen what is it?"

I can't answer him... tears are rolling down my cheeks

"There's.... umm..." I point down the toilet and his face goes white

"Right we need to get you to a hospital right now. Jen... WE NEED TO GO NOW" He starts rushing around grabbing everything we may need and we rush out the door

"What's going on? Where are you going?" Everyone asks looking confused as we practically run past them

"Jen... she's um... she's bleeding, we're going to the hospital"

(Brad's P.O.V)

The resort we are staying in gets us a car immediately and we go straight to the hospital with the others following not too far behind. Jen's got her head in her hands and I can hear her sobbing. I pull her closely to my body and she just collapses into me, clutching on so tight not wanting to let go.

"It'll be okay baby... everything will be fine" I try my best to calm her down

"How do you know that? Brad I'm bleeding... what if I lose this baby? What if we get to the hospital and they say the baby's gone? I can't lose my baby... I can't" She clutches her stomach and rubs her hand over it and starts talking to the baby in a soft calming voice even though she's till crying

Within ten minutes we are at the hospital. I run in to get a wheelchair and I bring it back out and I help Jen get into it. I go straight up to the desk and tell them our situation and a doctor immediately takes us straight back.

"Now tell me what's happened?"

"Umm... last night I... I was up all night being sick and then this morning... umm... I went for a wee and when I wiped and looked into the toilet there was... there was, umm... blood" Jen stutters as she says this and my heart is breaking

"We will do a sonogram straight away to make sure everything's okay with your baby"

The doctor gets everything set up and she starts the sonogram.

"Well from what I'm seeing everything looks completely normal. Your baby is completely healthy, the heart beat is very strong and look... it's sucking it's thumb"

"OH THANK GOODNESS" Jen sighs out as she now cries tears of happiness

"Do you know what caused the bleeding?" I ask as bleeding during pregnancy isn't normal

"Considering you were vomiting all night, you most likely tore something in your uterus and that's why there was blood. I've checked all over and your uterus is looking fine but I can see where the bleeding is coming from. I think I'd like to keep you in for a few hours to give you some IV medication to rehydrate you and give you some antibiotics to treat the small tear that was caused by the violent vomiting"

"So the baby is completely healthy? It's perfectly normal?"

"Yes there is absolutely nothing wrong with your baby"

I go out to let everyone else know what's going on. I tell them that both Jen and the baby are completely fine and that the bleeding was just caused by a tare which happened last night when Jen was so sick. I told them they could leave because we will be here for a while and they agreed but insisted that I call them every hour to update.

*That evening*

Jen has finally finished her IV drip and antibiotics and she's allowed back to the apartment. Brad wheels her out of the hospital and they make their way back to the others.

"I'm so exhausted, I think I'm going to go straight to bed when we get in" She says cuddling up to Brad in the back of the car

"I'll join you baby. When we get there, I want you to go straight to bed and I'll tell everyone that we are having an early night"

"Brad..."

"Yes baby?"

"I think I want to go home. I don't want to stay here any longer. I want to go home to my babies, to my bed and I want to book an appointment to see my doctor tomorrow. I don't want to stay. Please can we go home... please" She sobs into Brad's chest as he holds on to her as tight as he can

"Of course we can Jen. First thing in the morning we will go straight home. You are too tired to go home tonight but I promise you that I'll take you home tomorrow"

"I love you"

"I love you so much you have no idea"

I'm sorry that this chapter is so short but the next one will be a long one as they may or may not find out the gender of their baby... stay tuned to find out❤️