Chapter 114: The joys of having children

"River, please eat your toast"

"NO!"

"Fine, you don't have any breakfast then"

Jen and Brad have been having a really challenging morning with all four children. The girls are both in a really bad mood, River just won't listen to anything and Emery won't stop screaming.

"Me wat egg mama"

"You're not having eggs River. You had the choice to eat your toast but you didn't"

"Cake?"

"Absolutely not"

"Coclate?"

"You're not having anything like that for breakfast. Do you want a banana instead?"

"NO NANANA"

"Then you're not having anything, I'm not arguing with you. Go and play with your toys"

Jen gets him down off the chair and he runs into the living room where Brad is with the girls.

"Daddy, River took my toy"

"Can't you share with him honey? You do have lots of toys to play with"

"NO! I want the princess"

"Pollyanna, you have hundreds of other princesses to play with"

"I want that one!"

<><><><><>

(Jen's P.O.V)

Today surely can't get any worse than what it is already. I can't even hear myself think straight. The house is so hectic with the kids screaming all the time. Every time I try to put Emery into his crib for his nap or sit him on the floor so he can play with his toys, he just starts screaming bloody murder. River is just saying no to absolutely everything and the girls are just so grumpy. Brad and I have been so stressed that we've been taking it out on each other, not knowing what else to do.

"Do you think we should take them to the park? To burn their energy"

"No Brad. We can't take them to the park when they're behaving so badly, that's just rewarding bad behaviour"

"Well what genius idea do you have? I don't know how much more of their screaming I can take"

"Do you think that if I had an idea, I'd be putting it to good use right now. I don't have a fucking clue what to do. I'm just gonna let them out the garden and see if that helps"

"Fucking clue mommy" Ophelia proudly says, not realising that it's a bad word

"No no no... don't say that. It's a bad word"

"You say it mommy. You say fucking"

"I know I said it but I shouldn't have. Don't say it again"

"I wike it. It funny word mommy. Fucking fucking fucking"

"Ophalia-Rose, stop that RIGHT now" She knows she's crossed the line when I use my 'parent' voice, so she shuts up