Chapter ninety: Our water baby

It's a bright sunny day in L.A today. There are no clouds in the sky and Jen and Brad have absolutely no plans... well, they plan to spend the day out by the pool with the girls and River. Recently, River has been really enjoying the water, especially being in the pool with his parents and sisters.

Brad, Pollyanna and Ophelia are already in the pool and they have been for the last thirty minutes. Jen decided she wasn't going to go in yet, wanting to wait for River to wake up from his nap. Now that he has been awake for a few minutes and he's had a little snack of raspberries, Jen is now in his room, putting him into his swim diaper and getting him changed into his bathing suit. He has already been plastered in sunscreen and all that's left is for Jen to get into her bikini. She takes River and places him on her bed whilst she hunts for what bikini she wants to wear today... a very hard decision for someone who can never decide on what to wear.

After what seems like forever, Jen finally chooses a light blue bikini. She slips it on, ties her hair in a high bun on the top of her head, picks River up from the bed and makes her way to the back yard.

"Here comes mommy" Brad says and points to Jen and River, who are now making their way into the water

"We waitimg for you mama" Pollyanna says as she tries to escape from Brad's arms to go over to Jen, but she's unsuccessful since she can't swim yet and Brad won't let go of her

"Sorry mommy took so long princess"

"Spash mama, wat me" Ophelia starts splashing, making the water go everywhere as everyone starts laughing

"You looked really sexy walking over here in your bikini" Brad whispers as he walks closer to her and River

"Really? Thank you babe"

"I still can't believe you're almost 13 weeks and you still haven't got a bump yet"

"I know it's crazy, but my OBG/YN did say that I won't have a big bump this pregnancy since the baby is so far back"

They continue to talk about Jens pregnancy, making sure to whisper so the girls don't hear their conversation as they are still not telling anyone for a while and they both know that Ophelia won't keep her mouth shut.

<><><><><>

(Jen's P.O.V)

We have all been in the pool for most of the day now and River has absolutely loved it. He's been splashing and has been switching from Brad and I. I'm currently holding him on his back and he's kicking his legs and waving his arms everywhere.

"Good boy baby, look at you"

"Mamamamamamamama"

He's starting to say 'mama' a lot more now and I couldn't be happier. For his age, he is still slightly behind with his speech and his physical development but we are not too worried because he's only a few months behind. Even though he's not walking yet, he is pulling himself up on the furniture in the house and he's getting around that way and crawling around like a mad man... this is a photo I took of him a few days ago standing against his dresser in his bedroom...

"Wiver swim mama. He do it"

"He enjoys the water doesn't he? You and Polly didn't like the water very much. You would cry when we put you in the bathtub"

"I mo cwy mama, I big girw"

"Yes, yes you are a big girl sweetheart"

<><><><><>

"He really loves the water huh..." Jen says as she's changing into her underwear, getting ready for bed

"He really does. I had so much fun today, just us" Brad says as he sits down on the bed in his boxers