Chapter two: The first date

(Brad's P.O.V)
I wake with the sun beaming into my bedroom. It's my first date with Jennifer tonight and I can't wait. It's only 9:30am so I have a lot of time to kill. I decide to go for a jog along the beach for an hour and then go and grab a light lunch with my mom.

(Jen's P.O.V)
10am
I can't believe it's my date with Brad today. I get up, feed Norman and make myself some coffee and toast. Since it's a lovely sunny morning, I decide to go and sit on the deck in my back yard and read one of my favourite books: The shining. Chris has agreed to come over at 12pm to colour and style my hair for tonight.
I stay outside on the deck for around an hour before I go and hop in the shower. Once I'm out and put on some comfy clothes I hear Chris downstairs...
"Jen? Jen where are you?"
I yell from upstairs, "I'm coming honey".
As Chris works his magic on my hair, he asks me about the date tonight. We continue to talk and discuss random topics for around 3 hours until he's finally done with my hair. He has added a few highlights and has given it a little trim and added some layers.
As it's now 3pm, I say goodbye to Chris and walk upstairs to my closet to try and find an outfit to wear tonight. Since we are just chilling at his house I decide not to dress up too much but I still want to look nice. I decide on a nice pair of comfy jeans and a vest top paired with a cardigan and knee high boots.

*Fast forward to 6pm*
Brad has just finished getting ready and he goes downstairs to make sure everything's nice and tidy for when Jen arrives. He sets a bottle of wine and two glasses down on the coffee table in front of the couch and after that, he orders some Mexican food because he's been told that it's one of Jen's favourite things to eat.

It's 6:45pm and just as Jen is finishing putting on her earrings, her driver pulls up to her house. She locks up and gets into the back of the car. She is feeling a mixture of excitement and nervousness but before she has more time to think and feel, they arrive at Brads house. She tells her driver that she will call him later when she wants collecting, she thanks him and gets out of the car.

(Jen's P.O.V)
It's dead on 7pm and I'm walking up to Brads door. I knock three times and anxiously stand there clutching a bottle of wine. He opens the door with a big smile on his face and I immediately think to myself about how I'm attracted to him already.
"Hey, I'm so glad you're here" Brad says smiling
"Hey me too" I smile and we go in for a hug.
Brad pulls away and surprises me by saying "I just want to say that you look absolutely gorgeous".
I blush like an idiot and thank him and tell him how I think he looks good too before he leads me inside. As he's showing me around his house, I can tell he's very proud of it by the way he's talking.

(Brad's P.O.V)
I just opened the door and Jennifer is standing there looking absolutely gorgeous. We exchange a few words and I can't help but notice how cute she is when she's flirting. I give her a hug and show her around my house.
"I brought this for you" she says handing me a bottle of wine.
"Thank you but you didn't have to but from what I've heard you can't go anywhere without bringing something" I say and we both giggle.
"I ordered some Mexican food and it shouldn't take too long so do you want to go over to the couch and have some wine?"
She agrees and says "I love Mexican, thank you".

Brad leads Jen into the living room and they sit down on the couch and he pours them each a glass of wine. Not too long after their food turns up and they continue to talk as they eat. After a while of talking and laughing, Brad asks Jen if she wants to watch a movie. She agrees and he puts on 'The Shining', both of their favourites.

(Jen's P.O.V)
Brad and I are on the sofa watching The Shining and I begin to feel a little chilly so I get to go grab my cardigan and place it over me before sitting back down getting comfy again.
Brad looks over at me and says "are you cold?". I nod and he gets up. I wonder where he's going but then a few seconds later he comes back holding a blanket. He sits back down and puts the blanket over the both of us and says "me too". A few minutes later, Brad moves closer to me and puts his arms around my shoulders, pulling me closer to him and I lean in resting my head in the crook of his shoulder. I get a feeling of butterflies in my stomach and all I want to do is kiss him but I hold off not wanting to seem too desperate.
As we continue to watch the movie, Brad slowly inches his free hand towards mine and our fingers interlock and he begins to to gently rub my hand with his thumb. As the movie is coming to an end, I take my free hand and move it onto his chest. I look up at him smiling and say "I've had such a good night tonight". Brad replies with saying "me too, oh and have I already said I think you're absolutely beautiful?". I laugh and blush and said "yes Brad yes you have".
Our eyes lock and I can feel him coming closer. The butterflies in my stomach are going crazy and before I have the time to even think about anything else, I feel his lips touch mine. They are so soft. The kiss lasts for a few seconds and he pulls away and says
"I hope that was okay"
"Oh that was more than okay Brad"...

They kiss for a few more moments when Jen breaks the kiss and says,
"Thank you for such a wonderful evening".
Brad smiles and says "can I take you out again soon...maybe?"
Jennifer nods and replies,
"Yes absolutely, I would love that".
She calls her driver and within five minutes he is outside Brads house. They have one more kiss before Jen gets in the car. On her way home she can't stop thinking about the amazing first date she has just had and she can't wait to see him again.

*Authors note*
I am having lots of fun writing this story. I am going to be working on chapter three tomorrow so hopefully it won't be too long before that will be up.