Chapter fifty nine: Sick days

Pollyanna-Grace and Ophelia-Rose are now five months old. Jen is due to go back to work in four months and she doesn't have a clue how she's going to juggle motherhood and work.

Last night everyone in the Aniston-Pitt household became ill. It's just one of those bugs that goes around and spreads like wildfire.

(Jen's P.O.V)

We are all sick today. I woke up with what I can only assume is a migraine and my stomach feels like a washing machine, Brad has got sickness and both of the girls are running fevers. None of us had any sleep at all last night. I couldn't sleep because my head was pounding and the girls were irritable and crying for most of the night and Brad was up vomiting all night long. Brad and I are both exhausted but we can't sleep as we've got two little girls who need our love and attention more than ever right now.

This is the first time either of the girls have been unwell and it breaks my heart to see them in pain. All I want to do is to take their place and take their pain away. Even though I can barely keep my eyes open, I'm going to do anything and everything in my power to make sure they both feel better.

We are all laying in bed...I have Ophelia on my tummy and Brad has Pollyanna on his. I am constantly checking their temperatures to make sure they don't go over 100F because I've read up that any temperature above that on babies can be dangerous.

*Two hours later*

We finally had some sleep. The girls slept for two hours in our bed. We never usually let them sleep in our bed but since they aren't very well, we decided we would so they could get at least some sleep.

Ophelia has just started to cry so I positioned her to feed. Just as she was about to latch, she coughed and threw up everywhere... all over the bed and all over me.

"Brad a little help please" I nudge him using my elbow and he runs to grab a bowl from the bathroom

He places the bowl in front of her and she continues to throw up. I start to cry as I feel absolutely helpless all while I'm rubbing her back and telling her that she'll be okay, even though she doesn't understand what I'm saying.

"It's okay baby girl... you'll be okay. Come on, get it all up"

"She must have caught the sickness from me" Brad says and I can tell that he feels just as helpless as me

"Somethings not right Brad. She's vomiting so much for such a little baby and she hasn't even had any milk today"

I'm so worried that she might become dehydrated so when she has finally finished throwing up, I cuddle her in and try my best to give her some milk but she just moves away from my boob.

"Maybe try her for a feed in ten minutes. Let her stomach settle for a little bit and then try her again" Brad wipes the tears from my eyes but they just keep on coming

Since both Ophelia and I are covered in vomit, I decide to take her in the shower with me. Pollyanna is still fast asleep so Brad places her in her bassinet and he helps me to the shower. He takes Ophelia from me and strips her down whilst I take all my clothes off and place them in a black bag. I turn the water on to a nice temperature and take Ophelia in with me. Just as I'm in the middle of washing her hair, I see her start to gag again and immediately shout out to brad. He comes rushing in but before he could grab the bowl, she vomits again all in the shower. This time she's really upset and she's screaming and I'm trying my very best to calm her down but it's not working.

"Get her pacifier, it's on my nightstand"

Brad comes back with it and she takes it and it does in fact calm her down. I finish cleaning her and then I pass her to brad who is holding up a towel ready to dry her.