Chapter sixty four: Surprising turn of events

Jen and Brad have been discussing the possibility of getting a nanny to watch the girls while they are at work. It was Brad's idea but Jen is not too fond of it.

(Jen's P.O.V)

"I just don't want some random person watching the girls Brad" I say as I sit on the couch next to him with my arms in my lap

"It won't be a random person Jen. The person we choose will be qualified. We will run back ground checks and get loads of references" He tries his best to persuade me but it's not working

"I get that Brad, I really do but I just wouldn't feel comfortable with it. You know what the girls are like, they don't like going with anyone they don't know. It'll cause them unnecessary stress" I start to get frustrated at the fact that Brad isn't understanding where I'm coming from

"They will learn to adjust to it Jen. It'll take some of the pressure off of us too. We work and it's not fair on the girls to keep bringing them to set all the time"

"They will not adjust to it. Do you remember the time we left with with your parents? They screamed and screamed and we had to go and collect them early. They screamed with their own grandparents Brad. Do you really want to let your girls scream with someone that they don't know because I sure as hell don't"

"If you remember rightly they were screaming because they were hungry and my parents didn't have any of your milk on hand so we had to go and get them to feed them"

"They are STILL breastfeeding Brad. Listen, I'm not leaving my babies with someone when we DON'T need to. WE are their parents and WE will look after them all day every day. We will just have to take turns and split our work days. When I work, you have them and when you work, I have them. We didn't have these babies just to palm them off to someone else. We knew what we were getting into when we were trying for them. Yes I know we didn't expect them to be twins but they are and I'm not having a nanny in my house to watch them"

"I think you're being absolutely ridiculous right now Jen. The nanny will be qualified, what are you not understanding? We have the money, we can afford to have help, we..."

"I don't want help Brad! Just because we can afford to pay for someone to watch the girls doesn't mean we have to. We don't have to follow the 'norm' of what people with money do. Have you not heard of all the horror stories of nannies harming babies that they are caring for? Are you really willing to put our children in potential harm when we are perfectly capable of doing it ourselves?"

I start getting more and more angry by the minute so I get up and remove myself from the situation and go up to check on the girls

"Mama up" Pollyanna says as she's standing in her crib as I walk into the room

"Okay but shhhhh, your sisters still sleeping"

"Miwki mama, Miwki"

I sit on the rocking chair in the corner of their room and feed her. She unlatches and crawls around on me until she nuzzles her head into my neck.

"Your daddy just doesn't get it does he. He doesn't get that I want to spend every waking minute with you and your sister. He doesn't get that I'm always worrying about something happening to you guys. You two are the biggest accomplishments of my whole entire life and I don't want anything or anyone standing in the way of the way I parent you two. I can't stand the idea of leaving you and Ophelia with anyone else that you guys don't know or that I don't know. I hope daddy comes to his senses soon because I'm not allowing anyone in this house that I don't know to take care of you, my precious girls"

(Brad's P.O.V)

I really think getting a nanny would really help mine and Jens' stress levels and it'll get the girls to get used to the fact that we always won't be here. I was going to go up after her but I just stay on the sofa hoping that she eventually comes around to the idea.