Chapter sixty: Getting better

Jen and Brad have been in the hospital with Pollyanna for a few hours now. They are on the ward and she's been having some antibiotics into her veins and she's already starting to look a lot better than she was earlier.

She's also been having some breathing treatments to help with her chest and she no longer requires oxygen. Jen has been on the phone to Court to see how Ophelia is doing and she's doing great. Court has said that she's been perfect... she hasn't cried or anything.

Jen will be staying with Pollyanna tonight in the hospital while Brad goes back home to be with Ophelia and to relieve Court from babysitting.

"She's going to be fine Jen" Brad says holding her hand as Jen can't take her eyes off her baby laying in a crib in the hospital

"I know she'll be fine but I can't stand seeing her like this with a huge needle in her tiny teeny hand" Jen says as she fills up with tears... something she's been doing since they arrived here

Brad gives Pollyanna a kiss and then gives Jen one before he leaves. He doesn't want to leave Jen alone in the hospital with their baby because deep down, even though he doesn't want to show it to Jen he's scared just in case something goes wrong but he also knows they can't leave Court with their other little princess as that's not fair on her, even though they both know she wouldn't mind at all.

*At home*

(Brad's P.O.V)

I've just arrived home and Court is sitting on the couch feeding Ophelia with the spare bottled breast milk we always keep in the freezer in case of emergencies like this where Jen is unavailable.

"How has she been?" I ask Court as I sit on the chair opposite her waiting for Ophelia to finish feeding

"She's been fantastic. I've barely heard her at all. She's basically just been sleeping and we've played on the floor for a little while. How is my other little lady?" She asks as she passes Ophelia to me so I can wind her

"She's doing so much better. She's still on her IV antibiotic drip but she no longer needs the breathing treatment so we are hoping that tomorrow she can come home. Jen decided she wanted to stay with her tonight and I wanted to as well but it's not fair to leave you with a baby so suddenly"

"I'm so glad she's doing better, I've been worried sick. Brad... you and Jen both know that I'm here for anything. I wouldn't care if you left me with one of them or both of them for a few days. I'm always here to help"

"Thank you honey, both of us really appreciate it"

"And just so you know, I'll be on standby tonight if you need me for anything"

Court gets up, grabs her things and I give her a hug and she leaves. Since it's late I take Ophelia up to the nursery, change her diaper and get her changed into her pyjamas before I take her into our bed. Normally both girls would sleep in their bassinets but tonight I decide to let her sleep in bed with me.

"You're sleeping in the big girl bed tonight my perfect little lady" I say to her as I lay her down on Jen's side so she'll be able to smell her scent

"Goooogaaaaagooooaaaa" Ophelia starts to 'talk' to me as I wrap her favourite blanket around her little body

"Goodnight my beautiful girl... daddy loves you more than you'll ever know" I give her a kiss, turn on her sound machine and turn the lights out

Before I settle down for the night I decide to call Jen just to check up. She tells me that Pollyanna has finished her IV drip so they are just monitoring her overnight and if she doesn't get any worse then she can definitely come home tomorrow morning.

*The next morning*

(Jen's P.O.V)

Even though we are in hospital, Pollyanna had the best nights sleep she's had in a long time... me on the other hand was just a bag of nerves and I constantly watched her to check for any changes but she's been so strong and I'm so proud of her.

The doctor has just left and he said that we can definitely go home today which is music to my ears. I'm so happy my baby girl is getting better. As she's still sleeping, I start to pack up all of our belongings so we can get straight out of here when the doctor gives us the all clear. I decided to call Brad to tell him the good news.

"Hey baby" Brad says as he answers the phone

"Hey babe, well we have some good news. Pollyanna had a great night last night and we can finally come home today. We are just waiting for the discharge papers and then we can finally get out of here"

"You have no idea how happy I am to hear that and Ophelia seems to be thrilled that her sister is coming home, she's just given me the biggest smile but I seem to think that is was just a poop smile"

"I can't wait to see my other little princess, put the phone to her ear so I cam talk to her" Brad puts the phone to her ear and tells me to start talking

"Hi mommy's little princess. I love you so much baby and your sister and I can't wait to come back home and have big cuddles. I hope you've been a good girl for daddy and auntie Courteney" As I continue to talk to her, she starts to laugh and 'talk' in her own little language

"Are you telling mommy stories... wow what beautiful stories" I talk to her in the baby voice I use when I talk to them and she starts blowing bubbles down the phone

"God Jen she's so adorable, you should see her. She's dribbled all over herself and me when she was blowing those bubbles down the phone to you" We both laugh and we talk a little more before Pollyanna starts to get fussy so I said bye to Brad, hung up the phone and fed her

*A little while later*

We are finally allowed to go home. Pollyanna has been given the all clear and even though she still has a slight chest infection, we are being sent home with oral medication to give to her for one week and by then she should be back to her normal happy self.

I rang Brad and he is on his way to come and get us. He shouldn't be long as the hospital is only fifteen minutes away from our house.

The security guards have said that we can exit out of the back door so we are not hounded so Brad is driving around the back of the hospital.

He has just called me telling me he's outside so with the help of the nurses, I make my way to the back exit since Brad has also got Ophelia in the car and it'll just be extra hassle for him to get her out and come and help us.

I've just strapped Pollyanna into her car seat in the back of the car and I hop in the passenger seat. Brad leans over to give me a kiss and he grabs my hand and starts to drive us home.

*At home*

Jen and Brad have just arrived back home with both of their girls. As soon as they got in the house, Jen fell onto the couch in exhaustion. Brad told her to get some sleep as she hasn't had any for the past 48 hours and he will watch both girls so that's what she does.

"Oh you do know how to worry mommy and daddy don't you" Brad says to Pollyanna as he places her in her dock-a-tot next to where Jen is sleeping and he does the same with Ophelia

Once his three beautiful girls are fast asleep, Brad climbs over the back of the couch and lays behind Jen, wrapping his arm around her stomach and rests his head on the cushion under him whispering 'I love you' in her ear before kissing her head and closing his eyes.