Chapter seventy three: Jealousy

River is now one week old and ever since Jen and Brad came home with him, they have all found themselves in a comfortable new routine. The first few days of River being home, the girls were obsessed with him, they couldn't get enough but now they are slowly coming to realise that he's here to stay forever and they are becoming increasingly jealous which is very understandable since they both had Jen and Brad's full attention when it was just the two of them and now there is a new baby in the mix so it's thrown them both off course.

(Jen's P.O.V)

I'm sitting on the couch with River and the girls are playing on the rug in the middle of the room.  He starts to get fussy so I situate him to feed and he latches on straight away.

"Mama what Wiver doing?" Pollyanna comes up and sits next to me

"He's eating baby, he's getting hungry"

"Mama boobie?"

"That's how he eats. He's too little to eat the food that you and Ophelia eat so he's drinking some of mommy's milk like you used to do"

"Me wat mama boobie"

This has been a recurring problem over the last couple of days. Both of the girls, but mainly Pollyanna always want to drink my milk too just like River and I try to explain to them that they are too big to eat from mommy's boobies now, even though technically they aren't too big but I've got to make sure I have enough milk supply for River but it's hard because they are still too little to understand.

"Shall I get you some of my milk that you drink in your bottle?" The girls still drink my breast milk that I have frozen but they don't think it's the same

"No, me wat mama boobie wike Wiver" She climbs onto my lap and tries to pull the side of my top down that's covering my other boob

"You're too big to drink from mama's boobie sweetie. You're a big girl so you get to drink mama's milk from your bottle"

"NO NO NO... me wat mama"

I can see her eyes starting to glass over and she starts to cry which makes me feel so guilty that I'm not allowing her to drink from me anymore. Brad can hear the commotion that's happening so he tries to take the girls out the garden which Ophelia is happy about but Pollyanna isn't.

"She wants to drink the milk from my boob and she doesn't understand that she's getting bigger now and that I need to make sure I have enough milk for him"

"How about I take them out for some ice cream and you can take a nap with him?"

"Actually that doesn't sound too bad. While your out, can you stop off at the store and get me a tub of salted caramel cookie ice cream and if they beg you for candy, then they can have one piece each... I don't want two hyper toddlers before bed time"

The idea of ice cream makes Pollyanna completely forget about the milk she wanted so I give them both a kiss and they both give River a kiss. Brad leans down to give River a kiss and then kisses me before leaving.

"Eww mama dada tiss" Ophelia says making us laugh

"Mama and dada kiss because we love each other and we love you so that's why we kiss you too"

(Brad's P.O.V)

"Dada pway in park?" The girls both ask if we can go to the park as we are on our way to get some ice cream and they have me wrapped around their little fingers so of course I can't say no to their adorable little faces

"Of course we can, dada wants to play too"

"Dada come on swide and chase us?"

"Dada will chase and tickle you both"