Chapter ninety four: Something to make her smile

(Brad's P.O.V)

It's the day after the final episode of FRIENDS aired and when Jen came home last night, she was a wreck. With her being an emotional person anyway, her pregnancy hormones on top of that didn't mix well. I spent the night cradling her in my arms until she ended up crying herself to sleep. She remained in the same position, her head on my chest, until she woke up this morning.

Before I fell asleep I got the idea of getting Jens favourite photo of the girls and her favourite photo of River blown up so we can display them in our living room, on one of the walls that we've still yet to find anything to go on.

The photo of the girls was taken when they just turned one and she absolutely loves it and the photo of River was taken not long after his first birthday. Whenever she's emotional, she always goes to the photo album and picks these two photos out and they always make her have a smile on her face. I know as soon as I come home with them, she's going to absolutely love them.

Since the girls are being little monkeys today, I decide to take them with me to give Jen a little break. Even though River is being a good boy today, I still decide to take him with me for Jen to take some time for herself.

I call for the girls and make an excuse to Jen so she doesn't know where I'm going. I told her I'm going to the store and now I instantly regret it be she's given me a list of things to get, one of those things being mint chocolate chip ice cream... her current pregnancy craving and I know that if I don't get it, I'll be in trouble when I get home.

<><><><><>

"Come on girls, we are doing a surprise for mommy" Brad says as he's getting them out of the car

"Hold my hands now, we are going into a busy shop"

"Spise for mommy?" Ophelia says, looking up at her father with a confused look on her face

"Yes, a surprise for mommy. Mommy is a little bit sad so we are going to make her happy"

"I make mama happy, I give kisses aw ovew face"

"I know you make mommy happy baby. She loves it when you both give her lots of kisses. When dada gets these photos, we are going to and get mommy a card and flowers and her favourite ice cream okay?"

"I get toy?"

"Not today baby, today is about making mommy happy and you have lots of toys at home, but you can each have one piece of candy"

"CANDY CANDY CANDY"

"I thought that would get you two excited"

<><><><><>

(Brad's P.O.V)

"I pick card for mommy?"

"Daddy's got a better idea. Why don't we get mommy a card with all of your pictures on? You and Ophelia can have your own card and River can have one too"

"YES DADA! Mommy gonna wove it"

We make our way to the personalised photo area and the girls pick the photo they want on their card. They chose a photo of Pollyanna smiling at the camera and Ophelia smiling in the goofy way she does. Next, I have them help me choose a photo of River. They looked through all the photos I had and they chose one of him on his birthday when we did the mini photoshoot for him.

"Now, all that's left to do is to get mommy flowers and her ice cream. Let's her her some Lilies, they are her favourite"

We all pick out a huge bouquet of lilies and the girls say they can't wait to give them to Jen. Her ice cream is now in our cart and now it's time for the girls to pick out some candy.