Chapter 109: Happy Birthday Mommy

February 11th 2005

(Brad's P.O.V)

"Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to you,
Happy birthday to Jen,
Happy birthday to you"

I sign to Jen as she's slowly waking up, so excited about celebrating her birthday as I always am every year. I hand her a birthday card and she sits up in bed and opens it.

"To my beautiful wife,
Happy birthday my gorgeous lady!
I hope you have the fun filled day you deserve. I love you endlessly and I'm so lucky I get to call you my wife.
Love,
Brad xxxxx

"Awh... thank you baby, what a beautiful way to wake up"

"Today is all yours, what do you fancy doing?"

"Honesty, I just want to spend the day with my perfect little family, at home by the pool and to have a nice barbecue and then toast marshmallows over the fire pit when it gets dark"

"If that's what you want, then that's what we'll do... but I think you're forgetting something"

"What's that?"

"Every birthday tradition" I smirk at her before going to roll on top of her, but she stops me

"As much as I'd love to baby, Mother Nature has called"

"Seriously?"

"Seriously babe and it sucks"

"I hate periods"

"Not as much as me, at least you don't have to deal with them and the cramps and the fear of leaking through clothes... especially after birthing four children... periods are not like they used to be"

"But I have to deal with you and you're not the easiest when you're hormones are all over the place" I smirk as I tease her

"Hey!"

"I'm teasing you baby... but in all honesty, you're a real trooper having to deal with it every month but if you're on your period, how can you go in the pool?"

"Like every time I go in the pool whilst I'm on it, I'll just wear a tampon"

"Oh okay. I'll never understand this thing. Another question... do tampons hurt?"

"No they don't hurt, I can't even feel it when I'm wearing one and babe, how could a small tampon hurt if I'm used to the size of you?"

"That's very true, I didn't think of it like that. Can I ask you another question?"

"Go ahead" I can tell she's cringing as to what I might ask but I'm really curious

"Y'know when you put the tampon in... does it go in... in um, in the same hole as when we y'know... have sex?"

"God Brad!" She's now laughing

"What? It's a genuine question"

"Did you not pay any attention to women's anatomy when you were in school?"

"No"

"Well this is when you should have but to answer your question, yes it does. There's not a special hole for tampons Brad, it's all the same one"

"Even the..."

"Brad... no, it's not the same hole as the urethra, that's a different one"

"Oh, okay. Thanks for explaining"

"You're welcome, now... can we stop all this vagina talk and enjoy my birthday"

"Sure thing. Wait, stay here... I'll be back in a minute"