Chapter sixty two: Beach day

(Jen's P.O.V)

I can't believe our girls are now 11 months old and next month they will be turning one. If I could, I'd stop time so they can stay this small forever. I really think they will both start walking soon as they are getting more confident standing up and their balance is improving. Soon we will have two walking babies... I can't believe it.

The girls had quite an unsettled night last night. They kept waking up crying so at 2am this morning Brad and I fetched them in our bed where they at least got some sleep.

Brad left early this morning for work so it's just me and the girls for most of the day. I'm thinking about taking them to the beach with Court and Norman since they the only time they went to the beach was when they were small babies so it'll be nice to make some memories of them splashing in the sea.

I've developed some photos from when they were born until now and I'm going to start making a scrapbook photo album for each of them and then we will give them to the girls on their 18th Birthday. Since the girls are still asleep in my bed, I sit on the floor in my bedroom and start to plan out their scrapbooks. Since they are in the big bed with no sides to it, I'm staying there I can see them so they don't fall out.

My first thing to do is to sort out the photos. I make a pile of photos for Pollyanna and a pile for Ophelia and I place them in order of when they were taken. I ordered special scrapbooks online and I got their names printed onto the front of each of them because I knew if I did it myself, it would come out terrible.

"Mama" I hear tiny little voice calling me so I stop what I'm doing and go over to see Ophelia wide awake looking at me with her big beautiful blue eyes

"Good morning baby" I pick her up and snuggle her into my body and give her the biggest morning cuddle as I do every morning

"Mimimimimi" This is what she calls 'milk' so I pull my vest top down and situate her to feed

Yes, I still breastfeed both of the girls and I'll continue to do it for as long as they want to. This is the most impeccable bond you can have with your baby and I absolutely love it. As she continues to eat, I rest my head on the headboard of the bed and stroke her little head and play with her light brown hair which she loves me doing.

Around ten minutes later she's finished and she decides she wants to watch some T.V. Every morning I allow the girls to watch a little bit of cartoons as they fully wake up and it leaves me to get some more stuff done.

Shortly after Pollyanna wakes up as she hears her favourite cartoon is on and she climbs onto my lap and situates herself to feed. I love moments like this. My two perfect daughters cuddling with me in bed watching cartoons.

"Dada" Pollyanna looks at me and asks for Brad

"Dada's working baby so you're going to play with mama today"

"Mama"

"Yes baby, play with mama"

When the girls are fully awake, I carry them both downstairs and sit them in their play pen in the living room while I go and make their breakfast. I'm making scrambled eggs with some cut up toast this morning which is one of their favourites.

I place them in their highchairs and they get to eating right away whilst I sip on my coffee and eat my bagel.

"All finished princesses?" I take their dishes and place them in the sink and wipe their faces and hands before taking them out of the high chair and placing them on the floor

They both end up crawling to their toy box and start playing with their favourite musical toys. I go to check on them to make sure they are okay before I load their dishes in the dishwasher.