Chapter eight: Sickness

(Jen's P.O.V)

Brad and I have been dating for 5 months and tonight we were supposed to have a super romantic date night for our fifth month anniversary but I'm stuck in bed sick. I have a sickness bug I must have caught from Lisa as she had it last week while we were filming. All night last night I was up vomiting, plus I'm also on my period which is great... ugh.

I'm so exhausted but I can't fall asleep. Whenever I lay down my stomach feels like a washing machine. The only position I can get comfortable in is sitting up and I obviously can't fall asleep like that. It's so early and and all I want to do is cuddle up to Brad but he's not here. He couldn't stay over last night as he had important stuff to do with work and he was going to finish super late so we just said we'd see each other today. I want to call him but I don't know... it's 7am and I don't think he'd be awake yet.

*8:30am*

I finally managed to fall asleep for a little while but not without throwing up three more times before. I decided to call Brad as it's not too early and break the news that we will have to cancel date night.

Brad: Hello
Jen: Hi...

He can tell by her voice that somethings wrong.

Brad: Baby what's wrong?
Jen: I'm so sorry baby but I'm going do have to cancel our date tonight, I'm really not very well
Brad: Why what's the matter honey?
Jen: I've been up literally all night vomiting. I think I may have gotten two hours of sleep and plus I'm on my period so I've got stomach cramps from that too. I can't get out of bed. My head hurts. I just feel so ill.

As Jen talks she's on the verge of crying.

Brad: Jen baby please don't cry. Look I'm not working today so how about I come over and we can have a chill out day watching some movies and napping?
Jen: I'd love you to come over but you might catch this bug and...
Brad: Jen I don't care, I want to come and see you, to take care of you and to hold you in my arms
Jen: You really don't have...

Jen drops the phone to run and vomit again. Brad can hear what's going on so he decides to just go to Jen's house anyway.

(Brad's P.O.V)

I quickly get dressed so I can stop off at the flower shop before going to Jen's. I can tell that she's really sick so I've decided to go over even though she said she doesn't want me to catch it. I know she needs help and I know she needs comforting right now so that's exactly what I'm going to do.

I get in my car and drive to her favourite flower shop and buy a huge bouquet of lillies which are her favourite flowers. I also stop by another store to get her some medicine just in case she doesn't have any and I pick up some ingredients to make a pot of chicken noodle soup.

(Third person P.O.V)

Brad arrives at Jen's house and uses his key to open the door. He goes into the kitchen and puts the food away and calls out to Jen.

Brad: Jen... Jen baby
Jen: I'm in my bedroom

Brad walks up the stairs with the flowers and medication in hand. He opens the door and Jen is cuddled up in bed with blankets all around her curled up in a little ball.

Brad: You look so pale sweetheart
Jen: Ugh, I feel so icky.

Jen lifts her head up from her pillow and sees the flowers.

Jen: Oh Brad they are beautiful, my favourite. Thank you so much
Brad: You're so welcome. They are beautiful just like you.
Jen: Oh stop please. I'm in my pyjamas, my hair is a greasy mess. How can you possibly say that I'm beautiful
Brad: Jen you could look like you've been drug through a hedge backwards and you'd still be beautiful. You will always be absolutely stunning to me baby... no matter what.

Jen begins to tear up as she's feeling emotional today. Also being on her period doesn't help her emotions. Her hormones are all over the place.

Jen: Baby, can you please put the flowers in some water. I would do it but I'm starting to feel nauseous again.

Just as she says this, she get up running to the bathroom. Brad follows her and holds her hair back so it doesn't get in the way. Jen doesn't understand how she's still vomiting so much as she's eating nothing in the past 12 hours. After a few minutes an exhausted Jen slumps into Brad's arms and bursts into tears.

Brad: Jen baby what's the matter?
Jen: I'm... im... just so... exhausted Brad. I don't understand how I can still be vomiting. My period cramps are not helping this situation either. I feel so weak.
Brad: I think a nice warm bubble bath will help. What do you think?
Jen: Actually that sounds amazing right now.

Brad runs her a bubble bath and uses some relaxing bath gel that smells all minty. Jen gets undressed and asks Brad to help her get into the tub. She's so weak that she feels like she could fall over so she needs a helping hand. She lays in the bath tub and it's so relaxing. Brad helps wash her hair and her back. After around 30 minutes, Brad helps Jen out of the tub and wraps a towel around her. He sits on the toilet lid with Jen on his lap as she's snuggling into him. When she's dry and has nice fresh pyjamas on, Brad scoops her up and carries her to bed. He lifts up the covers and climbs in with her. Jen snuggles back into Brad as he's massaging her shoulders and rubbing her stomach, giving her a few kisses on her forehead. Slowly, Jen drifts off to sleep. Brad doesn't want to wake her so he just lays there with her until he himself falls asleep too.

*3 hours later*

Jen and Brad have been awake for around thirty minutes. They have just been cuddling and watching some T.V.

Brad: Are you hungry sweetie?
Jen: I'm absolutely starving. I think it'll be okay to eat now as I haven't thrown up in a few hours.
Brad: I've actually brought some ingredients to make some chicken noodle soup... would you like some?
Jen: Mmmmm that sounds amazing

Brad climbs out of bed and orders Jen to stay there and rest. Jen goes back to sleep until Brad comes back up with a bowl of chicken noodle soup and some bread.

Jen: Oh wow this looks delicious. I had no idea you could cook

Jen teases Brad as she knows he doesn't cook often. Her favourite thing to do is tease him about his cooking skills.

Jen finishes her food and thankfully manages to keep it down. Her and Brad snuggle back up in bed and decide to watch some of her old episodes of F.R.I.E.N.D.S.

Brad: Are you feeling any better baby?
Jen: I actually am, I really am. Thank you for coming over, for the flowers and for cooking that yummy soup. You have no idea how much it means to me.

Brad bends down and gives her a little kiss on the lips not caring that she's been vomiting all day.

Jen: Hey, are you looking forward to that Halloween party next weekend?
Brad: Like you wouldn't believe. We still have to decide what we are dressing up as
Jen: We have plenty of time to decide that baby. Anyway I kinda have an idea of what I want to be.
Brad: Well what's that?
Jen: I don't know, maybe cat women or super girl. What do you think?
Brad: Well I like the idea of cat women. We will have to see what kind of costumes they have. You know, it has to be sexy
Jen: Oh I know. I know how to please you and I know what you like

They continue to discuss the Halloween party for a while until Jen's breathing starts to even out. Brad looks down and notices that she's fallen asleep. He gives her a quick kiss on the cheek, turns the lamp off and spoons her until he falls into a deep peaceful sleep too.