Chapter eighty nine: Gymnastics

Since both of the girls have been obsessed with doing 'tricks' lately, Jen has signed them both up for Gymnastics class. It's their first class today and Ophelia can't wait to do 'wots of coow twicks'.

"Girls, you have to get changed into your leotards now" Brad yells from the girls' bedroom

Pollyanna and Ophelia both come running in, eager to wear their new gymnastics leotards. Jen let the girls choose which ones they wanted and they both chose different ones. Pollyanna chose a purple, blue and pink one with stars all over it and Ophelia chose an orange, yellow and red one... she said it reminded her of 'PIZZA'. This girl is pizza crazy... at least their gymnastics coach will be able to tell them apart with their different coloured leotards.

Brad helps the girls change into their new outfits whilst Jen is currently battling her first case of morning sickness for this pregnancy. Jen finally emerges from the bathroom, looking really pale but she can't wait to see her girls having so much fun at the gymnasium.

"Are you sure you're feeling okay to come with us?" Brad asks as he pulls her in for a hug

"Definitely! There's no way I'm missing my daughters first gymnastics class, I'll be fine honey, I promise... but you might not want to come this close to my face because even though I've just brushed my teeth, I still smell of vomit"

"I honestly don't care about that Jen, it really doesn't bother me in the slightest"

Jen goes into River's bedroom and wakes him up from his nap since they have to leave in the next ten minutes. River is slowly weaning off breastfeeding, so Jen goes to prepare a bottle of milk for the car ride for him.

They all clamber in the car and they set off. The girls are so hyper on the way there, talking the ears off Brad and Jen about all the tricks they are going to do. Jen is so excited about her daughters having a sport that they are excited about, even if they are doing it for fun at the moment.

<><><><><>

(Jen's P.O.V)

We are sitting in the gymnasium watching the girls having the time of their lives. Brad is taking so many pictures while I bounce River on my lap so he doesn't get bored. The girls are having so much fun running around and playing with the other children that's there. One of the reasons I wanted to enrol them in a gymnastics class was so they could interact with other children their age, since the only children they play with are each other and River.

"MAMA!" Ophelia calls me from the middle of the room

"Wow, look at you... make sure you listen to your teacher baby"

Just as I thought, Ophelia is running around like a total maniac whilst Pollyanna, the good girl that she is, is listening to every word her gymnastics teacher is saying. Brad and I can't help but laugh at Ophelia and how funny she looks running around like a complete crazy person.

"Even though Ophelia is definitely a mommy's girl, she totally takes after you Brad" I nudge him as he's taking a video

"Hey... what's that supposed to mean?"

"It means that she doesn't listen to what she is being told to do" I can't help but tease him... he knows I'm completely right

"Yeah maybe you're right about that one... look at her"

I look to where Brad is pointing and she has now made her way over to the group of older children.

"Ophelia... come back here sweetheart" I hear her coach say and she happily trots back to the group she's supposed to be in

"Why doesn't she listen to us like that?"

"Because we are her parents Jen, that's why"

<><><><><>

The girls are now half way through their first gymnastics class and now their group has moved over to the foam pit. Their coach has gotten in and individually, all the children are jumping into her arms. Ophelia is of course loving it, jumping so high and giggling... Pollyanna on the other hand is a little more cautious.

"Come on Polly, you can do it. Just jump to me and I'll catch you" Her coach is being so nice to her and Polly finally takes her first jump into the foam pit

When her teacher lifts her back to the side, Pollyanna looks at Brad and Jen with the proudest look on her face.

"ME DID IT MAMA AMD DADA!"

"Well done baby"

<><><><><>

Their class has now finished and the girls come running back to Jen and Brad.

"Well done my babies, mommy and daddy are proud of you both"

"Me jump highhhhhhh mama"

"I saw you baby"

"Amd me dada"

"You were both so good... did you have fun?"

"Wots of fum! We go agaim soom?"

"Of course you are going to come here again. We are going to bring you here every week so you can play with your new friends"

"I make fwiends I did. Summer, Wiley, Fwanny and Wominic"

"Wow, you girls made lots of new friends"

Jen and Brad are beaming with pride as the girls tell them their new friends names. Just as they are about to leave, a lady approaches them both with a smile on her face.

"Hello, I'm Sarah, Summers mom. I just thought I'd come and introduce myself to you. Summer hasn't stopped taking about Pollyanna and Ophelia since she came back to me"

"It's so lovely to meet you Sarah, I'm Jen and that's Brad. As soon as Ophelia came back to us, she mentioned Summer straight away"

"I definitely know who you two are and it's a pleasure to meet you. Are the girls coming back next week?"

"Yes defiantly. They absolutely loved it today so we are definitely bringing them back"

"Great, well I guess I'll see you both next week"

"You certainly will. I'll look for you and we can sit together"

"Excellent... anyway, I've got to run, I've got to pick up my son from school"

"Yes no worries, it was nice meeting you again"

"And you... it was a pleasure"

"Well she seemed lovely" Brad says as he puts the girls' coats on

"She really did-"

"Who fhat mama?"

"That was Summers mommy, she came to say hi to mommy and daddy"

"I wove Summer"

"Awh that's so kind baby. Do you want to come back here and play with Summer next week?"

"YESSSSSS" Both girls shout as they all make their way out the door