Chapter fourteen: 3...2...1... HAPPY NEW YEAR

Today is New Year's Eve... the first of many for Jen and Brad. Usually Jen spends New Year's Eve with her friends and Brad usually spends it with his family but this year they get to spend it together. Jen has heard about this New Year's Eve party that sounds like so much fun so she decides to bring it up with Brad and see what he thinks about it.

"Brad. Brad where are you?" Jen shouts out as she wanders around the house

"In here" he shouts from the spare bedroom

Jen runs up the stairs until she gets to him.

"There's this New Year's Eve party tonight at the sunset tower and it's meant to be really good. I was thinking maybe we could go?" She asks him excitedly.

"Jen... I was thinking we could spend it at my parents house? I always spend New Years with them... it's kind of a tradition" Jen looks at Brad with this confused look

"I get that but it's New Year's Eve. It's a day meant for parties and celebrations. Also I always spend it with my friends. Courteney will be at the party, everyone from work and a lot of other people. Look we spent Christmas with your parents. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love them but I thought New Years it could be us and some friends" Jen tries to reason with Brad getting slightly annoyed

"Jen... we always see our friends. Maybe it's time to do something I want for a change. I love doing what you want but we went to Courteney's Halloween party, the F.R.I.E.N.D.S Christmas party. I know we spent Christmas with my parents but I don't see them that often"

"Wait... are you saying that I make all of our decisions? Becau..." she gets cut off by Brad saying "kind of yeah and I go along with them because I love you but I really do think we should celebrate tonight with my parents. They throw an amazing New Year's Eve party and..."

"You know what... just stop okay. If you're so sick of me choosing things for us then why didn't you say something before? Hold on, I need to go for a drive. I need to not see you for second, I'm going to Courteney's. I'll see you later". Jen leaves the house and goes to Courteney's.

Brad's standing in his bedroom trying to think of what to do next. He's planned a surprise for Jen tonight which means they need to go to his parents but now he doesn't know how he's going to get her there. He quickly gets on the phone and calls Courteney.

"Hi Court it's Brad"

"Hey man, what's wrong?" She asks concerned

"Well Jen and I had a little fight about what we are going to do tonight and she's on her way to yours right now. You need to get her back here"

"Oh shit. Yeah okay, I'll try my best. I gotta go, she's here. Bye"

They hang up and Brad tries to think of ways to try and convince Jen.

*At Courteney's*

(Jen's P.O.V)

I just arrived at Courteney's after a stupid fight with Brad. I kinda feel bad for the way I acted so I came to Courteney for advice.

"Court, this is our first fight. What do I do? Please help me" Court walks me into her living room and sits me down

"Jen this is just a silly fight. You were bound to have your first one sooner or later. What was the fight about?"

"Well Brad said he wants to spend New Years at his parents and I said that there's this party that you and everyone are going to and I said that I want to go there. He said he's sort of fed up with me choosing all the things we do and then I just left and came here"