Chapter fifteen: House hunting

It's been three weeks since Jen and Brad got engaged. They have decided that since they are engaged, it'll probably make sense to move in together. Pretty much a week after their engagement, Brad moved into Jen's house. They've both been extremely busy with work the last couple of weeks and this weekend they are both free so they are finally going to look at some houses.

(Jen's P.O.V)

I'm so excited to finally go house hunting. I have this perfect image in my head of what I want this house to be and I can't wait. Luckily Brad and I have talked about it and we have the same visions for it.

We arrive at our first location. All the houses we are looking at are in close proximity to each other and close to family and friends. This house has an old cottage feel from the outside, with beams going across the whole outside and the roof. Also it has this huge gate for extra security. It has vines going up the walls and so far I'm in love. We walk into the house and it's absolutely stunning. It's modern yet it has a comfort feel to it. Brad and I start to look around.

"Oh my god Brad I love this place. It's amazing. So spacious, modern yet has this comfort factor we are looking for".

"It sure is special Jen but just remember that we have a few more houses to look at yet so try not to get too excited about the first one we see" Brad replies laughing at me for gawking over this house already.

We continue looking around the house and we get to the master bedroom. It's absolutely huge. The en-suite has a marble bathtub, a huge two person walk in shower with glass doors, a jack and Jill sink and counter top and obviously a toilet. The closet space. W.O.W. We would have our own closets and I'd even have a dressing room.

We make our way outside to the back yard. This place obviously has a pool. That's something we definitely agreed on first off, we both want a pool. When you walk out of the living room, you step onto this gorgeous patio which would be perfect for hosting gatherings and dinner parties. Then you walk down a few steps and then there's the pool. A light blue tiled pool with sun loungers all around. Off to the side there's an area to bbq and a built in fire pit.

Once we've finished looking around, we talk to the realtor about pricing and the other boring stuff. Once we are satisfied we have all the information we need, we leave and head to the other house.

The next house we are heading to is only 10 minutes down the road. We get there and arrive at these huge metal gates. All the houses we've chosen to look at have huge gates at the front. This house is modern looking on the outside. We head in and again it's modern and beautiful but me and Brad both agree upon entering that it's lacking the feeling of comfort. We walk around the rest of the house and head to the back yard. The pool is beautiful, it's a circle shape and is black tiled. I can tell as we are walking through this one, that Brad isn't too fussed, nor am I. We get the important information we need and make our way to the last house.

This house is much like the second one we just saw and we have a quick walk through and decide that this one is definitely not for us.

*Back home*

Jen and Brad have just arrived back home from a day of house hunting. They make their way to the living room and lay out all the leaflets and information they have received from the realtor. Since they decided against the last house, they only have two houses to choose from.

"Right Brad, we have all the information we need. What are you thinking?" Jen asks Brad as she looks through the leaflets

"Well I liked the second one but I feel that the first house is more... us you know"

"I agree with you babe. I absolutely loved the first one. I really felt at home when we were walking around there"

"So then... that's our decision. Shall we go with the first one?" Brad asks smiling at Jen