Chapter 125: Love me again

"Jen, what are you doing here?"

<><><><><>

(Jen's P.O.V)

I keep my distance for now, my face stained from my tears, my forehead and palms dripping with sweat. I thought that when I'd come here, I'd finally know what I was going to say but no, nothing can come out. We continue to stare at each other and I can tell that he's nervous as he doesn't know what I'm going to do or say.

"I... I- Brad, I-" My brain can't form sentences, I'm trying to get my words out but I just can't

"Jen..?" I can tell he's worried just by the look of concern on his face

"Jen, what's the matter? Please tell me" I can hear the begging and desperation in his voice. His tone is soft with a big hint of worry

I take a deep breath as more tears flow freely down my cheeks. I put my face in my hands for a second as a loud sob comes out. I look back at him... I look him in the eyes before my body completely takes over any control I possibly had left. I fly towards him, wrapping my arms around his neck as I continue to sob into his chest. I feel his arms making their way around my middle, as he begins to hold me closer.

From the sheer volume of tears escaping from my eyes, I just know I'm completely soaking his shirt, but I can't stop... I can't stop crying. One of his arms moves up to my head, where I can feel him running his fingers through my hair as he knows this is something that helps to calm me down, whilst his other hand remains on my back.

We stand there, embraced in each other for what seems like hours, before I finally pull away. I take a step back as our eyes remain locked to one another.

"I... I- I can't do this" I finally start to spill my feelings that's been eating away at me for some time now

"Can't- can't do what Jen?" His voice is deep and shaky, almost as if he's about to start crying as well

"This. Me without you... my life without you. I can't do it anymore, I just can't. No matter how much I tried to move on, I can't. I just can't. I can't go through my life without you by my side. I just... I miss you so much. If I didn't have these children, I don't know what I would've done. I don't know how I would've survived" Just as I think I've ran out of tears, more start to come as I'm crying  harder then ever before

"Shh... Shh... it's going to be okay" I hear Brad whisper

"Wha-? Brad, I mean-"

"Wait a second, you haven't listened to what else I have to say..." I bite my tongue so he can have his turn at speaking

"... You're absolutely right Jen. I don't know what was going through my mind when I thought that us separating would be a good idea. I haven't known what to do with myself. I keep finding myself reaching for the phone to call you, but I thought you'd never want to come back with me"

"Are you serious?" I can feel slight happiness in my heart as I'm listening to what he has to say

"Yes, I really am. We both know that we're made for each other. This split was something that should've  never happened and I'm so sorry for all the pain and heartache I've put you through. I'll never be able to forgive myself knowing that I was the reason you've been suffering. When I married you, I meant what I said in my vows. I vowed never to cause you any hurt or heartache and now I've done what I said I'd never do. I just want to apologise for being such an ass to you. You didn't deserve it... not at all. You're such an incredible woman, how could I not want to be with you? How could I not want to grow old with you and watch our grandkids come into this world? I've made such a terrible mistake... taking a break from us was a terrible mistake. I want you back, I need you back. Jen, please come back into my life"

I can't respond with words, I can only nod my head in agreement to what he said and my arms find their way around his neck again, as his hold me so close, his arms wrapped tightly around my back.

<><><><><>

"Coming into this again, we need to figure out what went wrong"

Jen and Brad are sitting on the couch and for the past hour, they've been discussing about finally reuniting again... but first, they need to figure out what went wrong.

"Communication. The first thing I think of is communication. I believe we got too comfortable with each other and we just stopped communicating. We have every right to be comfortable with each other , but at the end of the day, our communication skills need improving"

"I completely agree with you Brad, I really do. We both screwed up on that part and that's something that definitely needs to change. I also think, being open and honest with each other kind of links in with communication too. And I'm not trying to make you feel bad by bringing this up but we need to discuss things together as a team. One of us can't go around doing things such as spending so much money without consulting the other first. I'm not angry at you about that anymore, I'm way past that now, but just for future reference is why I'm bringing it up"

"You're right and I'm sorry. I'm really sorry about spending that much money. If you want I'll return them and get the money back"

"You don't have to do that Brad, you really don't but just in the future, with anything that consists of large amounts of money, we need to discuss it first but let's not dwell on that, I don't want to talk about that again, we need to focus on our future"

"What do you think our future is Jen?"

"I want to come back home. I miss the things I took for granted, like sleeping in the same bed as you. I miss that so much. I want normality back for our children... they need that more than us. I'm willing to make it work this time around"

"Welcome home baby"

With tears of happiness running down both of their cheeks, Jen and Brad finally have their first kiss as a couple again. Nothing could've prepared them for the emotion that would be displayed in that kiss. Neither of them want to let go again.

"I love you so much Brad, and I cannot wait to see what the future holds for us"

"I love you so much too baby. Here's to new beginnings"

<><><><><>

It's now later in the day and Jen, Brad and their four children are all snuggled up in the queen size bed in the master bedroom watching 'Finding Nemo'. They can't even count on their fingers and toes anymore how many times they've watched this movie, but they don't care about that. All they care about is being a happy family again and all living under one roof.

Jen looks down at Emery having his night time feed. She loves the way his hand rests on her cheek, and that he always hooks one finger around her lip as she's feeding him. She loves the bond that's created between a mother and her child from breastfeeding.

"Daddy tiss mommy?" Pollyanna asks as she looks up to her parents who are cuddling

"Yes baby" Brad smiles at the innocence of his daughter and leans in, giving Jen a small peck on the lips

That night, once the kids finally went to sleep, Jen and Brad made love for hours on end, making up for lost time over the last three months.

So... this is it. I can't believe that this is the end of the book. I can honestly say with my hand on my heart, that I absolutely loved every single minute of writing this for you all.
I just want to thank each and everyone one of you who has taken the time to read it, leaving me lovely comments to read, letting me know what you thought. My heart is so full right now and I've got all of you to thank.
This book has been part of my life for just over a year now and I'm a firm believer that all good things must come to an end... but don't worry... it's not quite ending just yet.
A little later in the week, I will be publishing a sequel called
'Brennifer: My first true love... 15 years on'
That book will be about the life of the Aniston-Pitt family 15 years after Jen and Brad got married. The book will be based in 2015.
I hope you're excited to find out what happens later down the road for them.
Well, that's it from me. Again, I just want to thank you all for all the love and support... I wouldn't have gotten this far without all of you.
All my love,
Ali🤍🤍🤍