Chapter 120: Our biggest arguement yet

April 2nd 2006

It's just Jen and Brad tonight. Jens dad and Sherry have all four children for the night to give the two of them a break and to give them some time to relax... but that's not happening.

Earlier today Brad did something without telling Jen. Now, that's not the problem, the problem is what he's gone and purchased without her knowing.

"I still haven't got a clue to why you thought this would be a good idea" Jen says to Brad, waving her arms in the air, still so angry

"I just thought it would be a good idea. I thought it would be fun"

"You thought it would be FUN? You thought buying yourself a new car and a new motorcycle costing nearly $1.5 million dollars would be fun? You thought THAT would be a good idea?"

"Yeah..." Brad doesn't like it when Jen raises her voice but he knows how pissed she is at him right now. He knows he's in deep shit

"You're fucking unbelievable. I can't fucking believe you did this WITHOUT even consulting me first"

"I know that if I'd have consulted you first you would've said no"

"Of course I would've said NO Brad! You can't fucking go around wasting $1.5 million dollars"

"We can afford it Jen, just calm down"

"I don't give a shit if we can fucking afford it or not, that's really not the fucking point"

"WELL THEN WHAT IS THE POINT?" Brad is surprised at himself for shouting

"THE POINT IS THAT YOU DIDN'T CONSULT ME FIRST! WE ARE MARRIED BRAD, WE ARE FUCKING MARRIED, WE ARE SUPPOSED TO MAKE DECISIONS TOGETHER, ESPECIALLY WHEN IT CONSISTS OF LARGE AMOUNTS OF MONEY!"

"I don't see you consulting me when you buy a new dress"

"BECAUSE MY DRESSES DON'T COST $1.5 MILLION FUCKING DOLLARS. I DON'T THINK I'VE EVER EVER BROUGHT A DRESS FOR MORE THAN $500 DOLLARS BRAD. IF I WERE EVER TO BUY SOMETHING SO RIDICULOUSLY EXPENSIVE, I WOULD TALK TO YOU ABOUT IT FIRST"

"Well, to be honest I don't really care"

"You don't care? YOU DON'T FUCKING CARE? WHY THE FUCK DID I MARRY SUCH AN ASSHOLE? I need some space from you. I can't be around you"

"What, Jen come on-"

"NO! DON'T 'JEN COME ON' ME! I DON'T EVEN WANT TO LOOK AT YOUR FACE ANYMORE. I thought tonight was going to be such a good night, we have the night to ourselves, I thought we could recapture our intimacy but I was obviously wrong. I don't even know how much longer I can even do this for. We haven't been good for a while Brad and you can't deny that. It's like we don't even know how to be in the same room with each other anymore. I can't even remember the last time you touched me intimately, not just brushing past my shoulders in the kitchen. I honestly need to go, I need to go"

"What do you mean you don't know how much longer you can do this? Where are you going? Jen, baby please"

"Don't 'baby' me Brad. You haven't called me that for months and don't think calling me that now will get you out of the shit you've just got yourself in to. I think we need to spend some time apart. We're around each other too much"

"What are you saying? Do you, do you want a divorce?"

"What? No, I- I don't know, but what I do know is that this isn't working well at the moment. I love you Brad, I love you so fucking much but sometimes it's just too hard and sometimes love isn't enough. I'm going to go to Courteney's for a few days. I just really need to think and we both need to sit down and talk when we've both cooled down"