Chapter twenty two: Slowly getting there

It's been nearly two weeks since Jen's surgery and she's finally starting to feel like her normal self again. The first week she stayed in bed like she was told but now she's sick of staying in the house.

(Jen's P.O.V)

Brad has been so fantastic over the last two weeks. He hasn't let me do anything which could cause me potential harm. He has even taken a break from filming his movie so he's been by my side ever since. I still haven't left the house yet as I've been making sure I listen to the doctors so I can make my recovery as speedy as possible. I make my way downstairs to the kitchen where Brad is making us both lunch. I walk up behind him and wrap my arms around his waist.

"What ya doing baby" I say and he turns around and plants a kiss on my lips

"I'm making us some tacos. Does that sound good to you?"

"Mmmmmm, I love tacos. It sounds amazing" I take a seat at the island in the kitchen and Brad brings our food over. As I'm eating I think about what I want to do today and I have an idea.

"Brad, I was thinking... can we go for a small walk today? We can take Norman on the beach. I'm dying to get out of this house"

"I think we can do that... as long as you're sure you're up for it"

"I'm more than ready Brad... plus I'm back I work in five days. I need to start getting up and doing stuff. Also don't forget next month we are making our first red carpet debut as an official couple" I say as we finish our lunch and we both get ready to go for a walk. I get Norman's lead from the cupboard and give it to Brad so he can put it on him and then we leave the house.

We are heading down to the beach and there are only a few paparazzi which doesn't bother me but I can see Brad getting on edge and trying to make sure they don't come anywhere near me.

We walk towards the water and dip our feet in. Norman brings this huge stick to Brad and he throws it and Norman sprints after it. Brad's hands are wrapped around my back in a protective way.

"This is so nice" I say with my hands wrapped around his back as we are taking a slow stroll down the rest of the beach.

"You have no idea how happy I am to see you finally out of the house" Brad stops walking and turns to look at me.

"You've made me so incredibly proud. The way you've handled everything over the last few weeks just shows me how much of a strong and amazing person you really are" His words hit me like a tonne of bricks. Tears press on my eyes and soon enough they start free falling down my face. He brings me in for a hug and strokes the back of my head.

"Shh shh shh baby" He says still hugging me

"I love you so much Brad" I say through my tears.

"I love you so much too beautiful" He wipes my tears away and we make our way back to the house, our fingers interlocked.

Once we are back I decide to take a shower. I place waterproof dressings over my wounds and step in.

Brad comes looking for me and I shout to him letting him know I'm in the shower. He comes into the bathroom and joins me in the shower. Normally with both of us in the shower together, it would lead to some amazing sex but since I'm still recovering, that can't happen. Brad comes up behind me and starts massaging my shoulders. Then he turns me around to face him.

"I know that we can't have sex yet and I'm totally fine with that but baby... can we at least make out" Brad says moving some of my hair away from my face.

I look him in the eyes and slowly lean my head in to give him the answer. Our lips meet and the heat rises. Considering we used to have sex almost everyday and have multiple make out sessions daily and the fact we haven't had any of that in the past two weeks is slightly getting to me. All I want to do is make love to him and to feel him inside me but I guess we'll just have to wait a few more weeks.

I lick his lips and he lets my tongue in. Our tongues play together fiercely as we are caught up in a passionate kiss... again something we haven't done in a while. We continue to make out for another ten minutes before it's time to get out of the shower.

We dry off and Brad helps me change my dressings for some dry ones. I get changed into a pair of fluffy and warm pyjamas as it's a little chilly tonight and we head downstairs to watch a movie on the couch. Brad makes some popcorn whilst I decide what we are going to watch. I chose 'The Wizard Of Oz' and I press play just in time for Brad to come in with the warm salty popcorn. We watch the entire movie and eat the entire bowl of popcorn all cuddled up until the movie finishes and it's time to head to bed.

*Authors Note*

I'm sorry this chapter isn't very long. I just didn't want to drag out Jen being unwell and I didn't really know what else to write. Anyway... thank you so much for 1.6k reads. It really means so much. I put so much time and effort into my story and I just love writing it.

Many thanks!