Chapter five: The live show

It's the morning of the live taping. Marta, David and Kevin, the writers of the show told the cast that they can come into work a little later today as they came in so early yesterday and they managed to really get the script down.

Jen decides to have a little bit of a lay in this morning since she doesn't have to be at work until 1pm.

(Jen's P.O.V)
9am:
I wake up to a cool breeze coming through by bedroom window. It feels so nice to actually wake up at a reasonable hour. Norman is already downstairs playing with his stuffed animals so I head down to make myself some breakfast and a cup of coffee. I decide to make myself a toasted seeded bagel with a poached egg. As I'm waiting for my eggs to cook, I decide to call Brad.
"Hey Brad, it's Jen"
"Hey honey, how are you this morning?"
"I'm good thank you, just waiting for my breakfast to cook. How are you? Are you looking forward to tonight?"
"You know what, I'm feeling great now I'm talking to you and yes I cannot wait to see you later".
"Aw you're so sweet and I cannot wait to see you later either. Hey I gotta go, my eggs are done and then I have to take a shower... so I'll see you later".
"Okay sweetheart, see you later".
I hang up and instantly get butterflies in my stomach. The way he says 'sweetheart' just makes my knees go weak and makes me feel all fuzzy inside. I eat my breakfast and then take a shower. I decide to take Norman for a walk along the beach and when we get back home I check the time... 11am.
"Norm breakfast time" I yell to Norman who comes sprinting across the living room heading straight to his bowl of food. He is such a goofy little thing!

(Brad's P.O.V)
I just got off the phone to Jen and I can't stop smiling. I'm really looking forward to seeing her, spending time with her and I can't wait to see her face when I give her the necklace I got for her.

*Skip a few hours: 4:30pm*
Brad checks the time and realises that he needs to start getting ready. He goes into his closet and picks out a smart pair of jeans, a blue and white plaid shirt and a pair of smart shoes. He lays them on the bed and then jumps in the shower.

After twenty minutes he gets out, dries and quickly gets ready. He spikes his hair and puts on his best aftershave and at 5pm, he is ready to leave.

*At the studio*
Everyone is in their dressing rooms getting ready. Their hair and make up is done and they are getting into their first outfit.

Brad arrives at the studio and goes to the security guard as Jen told him to do as she's given them his name. He says who he is and they let him in and guide him to his seat.

(Jen's P.O.V)
I'm sitting in my dressing room when the gang comes in. We have to be at the stage in five minutes and it's time for our group huddle... something we do before every live show as a 'good luck' gesture.

The time has come and we all make our way to the stage. As we are walking I say:
"God I'm so excited and nervous"
"Why nervous?" Court asks
"Well for one, I'm always nervous for the live shows and two, Brad's going to be in the audience".
Before anyone else can say something my name was called along with Courteney's.

The lights go on and the first place I look is into the audience to see if I can spot Brad.

The second my eyes begin scanning through the crowd of people, I notice him straight away. "God he's so handsome" I think to myself. He is sitting there in the front row with a huge smile on his face.

(Brad's P.O.V)
I'm anxiously waiting for Jen to appear on the stage. As I'm waiting I can't stop smiling at the thought of seeing her. Just as I'm thinking about that, she comes on looking as beautiful as ever.

I see her scanning the audience and when she notices me she has this cute little smirk on her face and she gave me a very discreet wink.

*An hour or so later*
They have made it through a few scenes but not without their fair share of mistakes and uncontrollable laughter coming from both the actors and the audience. Jen's favourite scene is coming up, the betting scene and she's just hoping that she doesn't mess up too much.

*The scene*

Ross: "What is Chandler Bings job?"
Rachel: "Oh gosh it has something to do with numbers"
Monica: "And processing"
Rachel: "He... he carries a brief case"
Ross: "10 seconds, you need this or you'll lose the game"
Monica: "It's um, it has something to do with transponding"
Rachel: "oh, oh, oh, he's a transponce... transponster"
And with that the whole audience roars with laughter.
Monica: "That's not even a word! I can get this! I can get this!"
(Ross stops the clock)
Monica: "Nooooooooooo"
Rachel: "Oh my god"

*End scene*

The audience gets on their feet and gives the cast a huge round of applause. Jen and the others break into laughter as they held it in to not mess up the scene.

After that, the writers call everyone and they all stand in a line in front of the curtain and take a bow. The whole time Jen cannot stop looking at Brad and Brad cannot stop looking at Jen.

Over the next thirty minutes the cast sign autographs and then they all head back to their dressing rooms.

As Jen is gathering her stuff together, there is a knock on her dressing room door that makes her jump.
"Come in"
Brad is standing in the doorway holding a huge bouquet of flowers... Lillies... her favourite.
"Hi beautiful" he says admiring her beauty.
Jen looks at him with love in her eyes.
"Hey you" she quickly walks towards him and falls into his arms for a hug.

As she is pulling back, Brad takes her face in his hand and gives her a tender kiss on the lips. Jen responds to the kiss and backs him up into the dressing room closing the door behind him.

A few moments later they separate from each other.

"These are for you" Brad says as he hands her the flowers, "you were absolutely phenomenal tonight".
"Thank you, I love them, they are absolutely beautiful!"
"Just like you then" he says making her blush.
"So... you ready to get going? I've got a very special evening planned for us" Jen said in a seductive yet cute way.

Jen goes to ring her driver but then Brad reminds her that he drove here and his car is in the car park. They get in and talk about the show the whole way to Jen's house... while holding hands of course.