Chapter eighty five: Christmas Eve!

⚠︎︎𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚌𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚜 𝚜𝚎𝚡𝚞𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚢 𝚎𝚡𝚙𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚒𝚝 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝! 𝙿𝚕𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚔𝚎 𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎 𝚢𝚘𝚞 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚙𝚙𝚛𝚘𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚊𝚐𝚎 𝚋𝚎𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚎 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚒𝚗𝚐⚠︎︎

December 24th 2003

Today is Christmas Eve and Jen and Brad can't wait to spend Christmas Day with their three beautiful babies. This is River's first real Christmas because last year he was only one month old and this year, the girls will definitely understand what's happening.

A few days ago, Jen and Brad took the girls and River to see Santa. River absolutely loved him which they were surprised about. He sat on his lap and played with his beard, but the girls on the other hand, were absolutely terrified. They both clung to Jen and when she moved closer to the big fat guy, they started to scream. They wanted to get a family photo with Santa but instead, they managed to get a photo of River sitting on his lap but the girls would only take one at a distance if they were in Jens arms.

The girls specifically asked for a guinea pigs this year and for a while Jen was against the idea of getting one but Brad managed to persuade her... so, the girls have got a guinea pig each and Court will bring them to the house tomorrow as she's looking after them at the moment until it's time to give them to the girls. Aside from the animals, the girls also gave Santa an endless list of things. They asked for a doll house (even though they already have one), hoola hoops (even though they don't know what they are, they just saw Jens workout one), Ophelia asked for 'sharp shoes' and by that she means shoes with heels so she can be like her mommy... and the list goes on.

Since the girls are getting an animal each, they are only going to have a few presents to open so they've got some Lego, some more building blocks, another doll each and they have a few more clothing items. 

(Jen's P.O.V)

The girls and River are down for their nap and whilst we have the time, Brad and I are wrapping their Christmas presents... well I'm wrapping them, Brad is just passing me the sellotape since he's apparently incompetent to wrap gifts.

"I can't believe you actually persuaded me to get the girls guinea pigs" I say as I wrap up one of the food bowls we've got the girls so when they open it, they will have to try figure out what's happening

We have got them presents for the guinea pigs and we are going to do a little treasure hunt for them tomorrow and the treasure hunt of the presents will lead them into the garden where they will see their guinea pigs in the hutch.

"I had guinea pigs when I was younger Jen, they are going to love them"

"You are in charge of cleaning up their shit in their hutch then and you are cleaning them out once a week"

"That's totally fine. The girls can help"

"The girls cam help to clean them out but if you think you're giving the girls the job of scooping their poop then you've got another thing coming" We both burst out laughing and continue to wrap the girls presents

Half an hour later, the girls' presents are all wrapped, so Brad goes and puts them in the closet until later while I start to wrap River's stuff.