Chapter thirty three: Contraception?

Ever since their pregnancy scare a few weeks ago, Jen has been thinking about booking a doctors appointment to discuss different forms of contraception. Since she is free this afternoon she decides to ring her doctors office to see if they have an appointment available.

"Hello Beverly Hills medical centre how can I help you?" The receptionist says as she answers the phone

"Hello, I was just wondering if I could book an appointment with Dr Mannings for this afternoon please?" Jen says politely as she asks for her personal doctor

"Hold on for a moment and let me see if I have an appointment available" The receptionist begins typing into her computer

"Yes we have an appointment available in an hour and thirty minutes if that's okay with you and Dr Mannings will see you"

"Brilliant that's perfect, thank you very much" Jen hangs up the phone and jumps in the shower.

She doesn't bother to wash her hair as she did that this morning but she wanted to wash her body just in case the Dr wants to check her whilst she's there which she knows is a possibility if she chooses certain types of contraception. She jumps out after thirty minutes, dries off and goes to her closet to pick out her clothes. She chooses to wear a grey knitted jumper with leggings and boots since it's cold outside today.

(Jen's P.O.V)

I've just gotten ready for my doctors appointment in an hour so I've come to make myself a cup of coffee. Since my doctors office is thirty minutes away I only have time to brew a simple coffee. Once it's made I go to drink it in the living room whilst looking at some leaflets on contraception. I know all the options but I just don't know which one will be best for me so I'm hoping that my meeting with Dr Mannings will help me to decide.

*At Beverly Hills medical centre*

I've just pulled into the parking lot ready for my appointment. I walk in and head over to the receptionists desk and stand there until she gets off the phone.

"Hi I have an appointment at 3:30pm with Dr Mannings under Jennifer Aniston" I say when she hangs up the phone on the other side of the desk

"Thank you m'am. If you take a seat, Dr Mannings will call you soon"

I take a seat and flick through few magazines. I notice there's a few with Brad and I on the cover and they are just stupid tabloid stories. I have a terrible habit of throwing these away whenever I come into doctors offices or dentists. I just can't help it... I don't want untrue tabloid stories in here.

"Jennifer"

I hear my name being called so I follow the doctor into her room and sit down. I feel very comfortable talking about anything with my doctor as I trust her and of course everything is confidential.

"So what can I do for you today Miss Aniston?"

"Well a few weeks ago I had a pregnancy scare and I would just like to see what options of contraception would best suit me"

"That's absolutely fine. Now have you been reading up? Do you have one in mind?" Dr Mannings asks me as she's gathering up some more leaflets for me

"I don't think I'd like to go on the pill because I'm useless at remembering to do things and I worry that I'll forget to take it. Also I'm not interested in the injection. I have read up a lot of good reviews about the contraceptive implant and the coil so I think I'd like to choose between one of them" I say pointing to the leaflet about the implant and the coil

"Well these two are very good and have almost 100% success rate but like all contraceptives there is still a chance of becoming pregnant so still make sure you use condoms. Also if you don't mind me asking, how often are you two having sex?"