CHAPTER C

Ren and Prince Nick have been walking for a while now. Ren notices that the Prince becomes quiet when he came back after he cleaned himself. The Prince didn't speak with him while they are eating, but sometimes he caught him stealing glances at him, but when their eyes met, the Prince will avert his eyes as if he was not looking at him at all, and Ren felt sad and confused because of it. "What do I do wrong? Didn't I somehow offended him in some way?" Ren thought to himself.

            Nick, on the other hand, is in deep thought. He is certain of what he saw on Ren's back earlier. That is the mark of the clan of the tigers, the royal family of the North. "How come Ren bear that mark? But as far as I remember, the Tigers were all annihilated during that time, even his aunt Lauren died after giving birth, but the child was dead when it came out. There is no family member left alive at that time. Unless there is another woman who was pregnant at that time and was able to escape. I must talk to my mother or Morgan to ask about it. The Heir of the White Tiger has been with us all along. He's been under our noses unprotected, it's a good thing that the consort decided to take him under his wing, or else, I don't want to think of it anymore. What's important is for me to protect him and make sure to take was his." he thought to himself and look at the person beside him who was silently walking beside him.           

Ren feels the heated stare of the Prince and cannot help himself but to look at the Prince. What he saw made him dumbfounded. The person beside him is smiling sweetly at him. "What's wrong with this person? Earlier he was scowling at him without any reason, and now he was smiling at him like he just found a treasure, is what brother told me was true? Is the Prince really is a lunatic? Maybe I should follow what my brother told me. I should put a distance from this person," Ren thought and steps away from Nick.

Nick saw this and immediately pull him back on his side, "Don't walk too far from me you might get lost or worst a wild animal or a snake will attack you, we are inside of a forest that is not very safe if you don't know your way here. It's too dangerous, so stay beside me," he said while he holds Ren's hand and looks at him worriedly.

Ren saw that look at the Prince's pale blue eyes and was captivated by it he cannot help himself but to stare at it and think why is the Prince acting this way towards him. "If he is not crazy then maybe I'll be the one who is going to be crazy if I stayed with this person for a long time, I'm seeing things that I shouldn't see," he thought and he was snapped out of his thought when he heard the Prince calling his name with the warm touch that he feels on his cheek.

"Ren, Ren, what happened can you hear me" Nick called the others name repeatedly and cannot help himself but to touch the person, he is so worried way he suddenly acted this way, was he bitten by a snake on the way or any bug or insect. 

"Your Highness, I'm fine, I'm sorry, I was just lost in my own thoughts just now," and he tried to laugh, but it sounded awkward, so he stops and just smiled at the Prince.

Nick let a sigh of relief when he heard the person speak, and he laughed harder when he heard his reason and saw that silly smile on his face. "So what the Consort said was true you often lost on your own world ha?" he asks teasingly, and he saw the person in front of him blush. Nodded his head.

"My brother really speaks the truth," he said with a bowed head.

Nick cannot help himself but raffle his hair and smile. "Come on, we should continue we are almost there," he said and grabs Ren's hand.

"Your Highness, my hand," Ren confused when the Prince grabbed his hand and pulled him.

"It's better this way, at least you're safe, I don't want you getting lost for real," Nick said without looking back at Ren, and Ren blushes at that.