CHAPTER LXXXVII

"Amanda," Sigmund said after seeing his sister in front of him. The youthfulness once she possesses is gone. It's like he's looking to a different person. She stared at him, waiting for him to answer the question that she just asked.

"Amanda!!! My daughter," his mother shouted and he watches her as she runs to her.

Amanda felt her mother's hug but she didn't return the hug instead she remains looking at her brother. When she heard what her brother said, she can't believe any words that he was saying. She felt a bucket of ice is being poured on her whole body. She's trying not to cry but her tears still came out ruining her make up. Her mind is full of questions.

She forces herself to smile at her brother "Brother you're lying right, tell me you're lying," she said with a smile on her face.

Everyone in the room saw this and they were all confused with her. Some think that she's just acting like she doesn't know anything when everyone in the land knew what happened to their King and some think that Amanda truly loves the King and it took a huge blow on her and became like this, like a crazy person.

"Brother please" she begged her brother.

"It's true. What your brother said earlier is true, my son is already dead," Amanda heard the voice of the Queen Dowager. She looked at her with disbelieve, she removed the hands of her mother that was around her. And slowly walk towards the Queen Dowager while shaking her head.

"Queen Mother, Please I know you don't like me but please don't lie to me, His Majesty his not dead, He can't be dead," Amanda said while walking towards the Queen Dowager. She pulled a letter from her gown and when she reached her, she shows it to the Queen Dowager.

"Look Queen Mother he just send me this letter, telling me to go back to the palace, He loves me and he doesn't believe any accusation about me. He finally realized that I'm the one for him, that's why he asked me to return. Look, Queen Mother," she said and smile at the Queen Dowager.

Eleanor was taken aback on how Amanda acts, it's like she's getting crazy. She didn't have a choice but to reach out for the letter. She takes the letter and opens it. Amanda stared at her while she reads the letter full of expectation. People around them are also waiting for the Queen Dowager to speak to know if what the ex-consort said was true.

Eleanor read the full content of the letter and stared at the seal bellow it. She closed the letter and looks at the waiting Lady Amanda and she smiled at her. Eleanor sighed and closes her eyes then shakes her head.

"Amanda I'm sorry this letter was not sent to you by my son, this is not written by him, look at the seal below it and you will now," she said while he handed back the letter to her.

Amanda looks at the Queen Dowager with confusion and takes the letter and looks at the seal below it. Her eyes went big. "This can't be," she said while looking at it without blinking and she started to lost it, she started crying. "No this is not true, He called me back because I'm about to be the Queen, His about to marry me, Queen Mother you just hate me because your son chooses me not that male consort," Amanda said accusingly.

"Mother, take her out of here," Sigmund told his mother when Amanda started making a scene in front of all these people in the palace.

Helga nodded to her son and pulled her daughter out and trying to calm her daughter down but before she went out she heard the Eleanor speaks and make her stop.

"I see our Regent already exercise his power by calling his sister back in the palace without asking for the opinion of the council, will my grandsons be safe if she's here?"

Helga turned back with anger evident in her eyes. "Queen Dowager my daughter is innocent, she didn't do anything,"

"Precisely she didn't do anything but watch," Eleanor answered back while he glared at the woman who tried to make excuses for a person like Amanda.

All of the people around them are puzzled about what are they talking about, but they're all sure that it has something to do with the reason why Lady Amanda was vanish from the palace.

Sigmund heard the whispering of the people and he started to feel irritated by the scene that his sister started, "why did she choose this day to come back," he thought. He looks at the Queen Dowager who uses this moment to humiliate him again.

"Mother, that's enough and go," he said. Helga looks at her son and pulled her distraught daughter angrily. He watches as his mother and sister went out and turned to Eleanor with a calm face.

"Queen Dowager, I didn't use my power to pardon my sister to any sins that she committed, I called for her to have a proper trial and for her to prove her innocence. The safety of the princes is my top priority and if ever that Amanda did all those then I will be the one to send her in the cold palace and be sentenced to death," he said with a loud voice so that everyone in the room could hear him.

Eleanor stares at him with amusement and nodded at him "Very well, I hope that you will do what you said,"

"I certainly will your Grace," he answered her

Then he turned to face the crowd he put an apologetic smile on his face. "I am sorry that you have to witness that, I am sorry but I'm afraid that I cannot join you all with the celebration, I have to attend to my sister and mother. Have a nice day and enjoy," he said and bowed to the people and left.