CHAPTER XCVI

"UMMPP" Ren tried shouting while the man who took him covered his mouth with his hand and run inside the forest living Syl near the burning casket of the King. He tried hitting the man with his fist but his strength didn't match the man who's holding him. He tried to calm himself because panicking at this time won't help with his situation. He decided not to struggle so hard and think of a way to get away from this person.

"Why did this person took me, did he made a mistake and took me instead of my brother? That will be good if that's the case at list my brother will be safe, but, I doubt it, my brother is just right in front of me and we don't look alike and base on this person action I'm certain that I am his real target, who is this person why did he take me?" Ren pondered to himself while the man running with him.

Ren didn't struggle too hard and remain calm for a while and the man who took him felt it and lessen his hold on him. Ren felt it and he smiled, his been watching his surroundings earlier even when he's struggling and so when he finds a way to escape he knows which way to take, he just hopes it will work.

He took a deep breath and gathered all his strength to this last resort that he will take just to get away from this person. "Now" he shouted on his mind, then he put all his strength and struggled hard and then he raised his both hands to grab the face of the person. And just like what he thought the person caught off guard and lessen his hold and Ren took that chance to step on his feet and run away.

Nick took off his black mask and watches us Ren run away from him, he shook his head and smiled, hands-on his hip "Tsk... thought you resemble a bunny but I'm wrong you're actually a cat," he said while touching his face where he was scratched and wear the mask again, "Love run as far as you can, I'll catch you anyway," he murmured before he started following Ren.

Ren runs as fast as he could. He didn't mind the branches that sometimes hit his face. All that matters to him is to go back where Syl is. He didn't spare anytime looking back to check if that person followed him or not all he could do is run he didn't have time looking at his step he was too busy running not minding the dangers that he will encounter now that he was not with the man who took him.

He just follows the trail that he remembered when he was with the man that he didn't notice that there is a big hole in front of him. He just felt that he missed his step and he didn't step on the ground instead he step on nothing but air. He felt that he was falling, it happened so fast that he can't grab anything he just close his eyes and waited for him to fall in this pit and hit his body on the ground and wait for the pain that he was about to feel.

But the pain that his anticipating never came and he felt that his body is hanging on the air. He felt that someone is griping his wrist, he slowly opens his eyes to look to that person who helps him, praying that it was someone else and not his captor, but as he thought the gods aren't on his side today and saw the same black mask man. All he could do is sighed. He didn't talk and just look at the man and waited for this person to pull him up.

Nick who's heart was pounding so hard when he saw Ren fall in this pit, didn't know if he's going to be angry or laugh, he was so afraid that this person got hurt or else die, thinking that this person will die on his watch hurt him so much worst than knowing that the consort may curse him to death or kill him himself.

He exerted all his strength and run, no he fly and grab his hand not thinking with just one miss-step he might fall with him. He watched at that person's face turn pale when he caught him, his eyes were tightly close as if anticipating his own death and it pains him more looking at this person. He decided not to take his eyes from him from now on. He watches as Ren opens his eyes slowly and look up to him with those large black eyes of his like a dear.

The pain in his heart started to change to anger, and grip the person's hand harder, he saw Ren face grimace from pain but it didn't affect him at all, just thinking that this person almost died in front of him that send chills down to his spine and that's unbearable for him. He calmed his anger before talking to him.

"I will pull you up, but you have to promise me no more of your games, no running away if you don't then you won't see your beloved brother again!" he threatens Ren he knows that using the consort will make Ren follow him so he decided to use him.

Ren who heard this widen his eyes and felt nervous thinking that he will not see his brother again and the little ones back in the palace, he unconsciously gulps and nodded to the man.

When Nick saw this he immediately pulled Ren out and steady him to his feet. He looks at the person in front of him who is breathing hard, he can't stop himself and took off his mask and hug the person in front of him so tight like he was engraving him on his own body.

Ren who saw who the man gasped and was shocked when the Prince hug him, "What is happening, why is the Prince here, why did he take him away? Why is he hugging me? What the hell is going on?" he thought to himself and he didn't know what to do, now that the Prince is hugging him like that there is no tomorrow. He felt that all the air from his lung will be gone if the Prince continues to hug him. So he decided to move his hand and tap him on his back.

"Prince Nick, can you let go off me now? I can't breathe I'll die if this continues," he said with a tap on the Prince back.

Nick was awakened from his shock and immediately let go of Ren, I tried to hide his embarrassment and compose himself, he looks at Ren seriously. "Hmm.." he cleared his throat before speaking. "Are you all right, Are you hurt anywhere?" he asked.

Ren looked at the Prince who looks angry and he kinda felt scared of him but he tried not to show it. But when the person opens his mouth and asked him if he's all right he heard the worried voice of the Prince he felt touch and warm. He looked up at the Prince and smiled at him, "Yes your highness I'm alright nothing to worry about" he answered him.

Nick look at the person's smiling face and felt relieved that this person is alright and can smile to him like this. "That's good to hear, can you walk or do you still want to rest first?" he asked.

Hearing the question he remembered what happened earlier and thought about his brother, "Your Highness, why are you here? Where are we going? How about my brother?" he asked continuously and felt nervous again. Knowing that his brother is nowhere near him he felt panic again.

Nick saw the panic on Ren's eyes and he came near him and holds the person's arm, "Ren it is fine, don't worry about the Consort, his with my brother he is safe, so calmed down and if you are ready we could go to our meeting place, it kinda far from here, we can reach there before sunrise."

Ren stared at the Prince's eyes and let go of a long sigh when he heard that his brother is fine and with the King. "That's good hear, I'm relieve to hear that, I'm fine we can start walking now," he said to the prince with a smile on his face.

Nick stared at his smiling face and cannot help but reach to touch Ren's face, seeing this person almost lost his life because of this plan he almost lost his heart and vomit blood, and now this person is smiling like something like that didn't happen.

Ren was wide eyes when he felt the warm hand of the prince touching his face, "Your... your highness," he stuttered and he felt the heat on his face.

Nick saw this reaction and he smirk seeing how his touch affect the person in front of him, he felt like teasing him more and without saying anything he reaches his other hand and he pull both sides of Ren's cheek and came nearer to his face and saw how the other face become red as a tomato, "Don't make me worry that much again, understand? This is your payback for making me worry" and he leans and kisses Ren's lips lightly and he let go of the person's cheek and saw the dumbfounded look of the person before turning around.
"Come on, we should go so I can return you to your brother," he said "so that he will not skin me alive," he said to himself