CHAPTER 28: Same as you

Amanda is so furious on what happened at the market place she was insulted and humiliated in front of everyone and worst the King didn't do anything he just stood there and let that Syl do whatever he wants, he didn't even defend her or run after her when she left.

Now she was at her brother's place refusing to go back, she doesn't want to stay in a place with someone contagious. It's been a week and the King is still not looking for her or sent someone to ask her to go back to the palace.

"I heard that the boy is getting better and the Consort of Jasmine has already seen outside the market place again," Sigmund told her sulking sister.

Amanda looked at his brother who was reading some parchment, "Oh, really probably someone is already heading this way to fetch me," she said acting pompous.

"You sound so sure, Are you sure that you still have the King's favor? I heard that the Queen Dowager is already backing him up, and the King is allowing him to do things that he likes, the same thing he did for you, her brother said scrutinizing her.

"Of course I'm sure I'm still his favorite," she said hotly "and I don't care about the Queen Dowager she is just the mother of the King, I'll have want she had when I get the crown," she said while looking proud at his brother.

"Besides you shouldn't be worried about my position inside the palace, you should be worried about those brats," She added

"Why should I be worried about those brats? No one in the capital knew about them even your King, my dear sister. As you said the consort of Jasmine doesn't have any means to help them so why should I be worried about them," Sigmund said nonchalantly while sipping his tea.

"Come in," the King said when he heard a knock on his door, he was sitting in his office alone reading important documents.

"Your Majesty," Mr. Bhaer bowed down to the King before he continued, "Prince Nicholas and Lord Gerard is outside asking for an audience,"

"Let them in," the King said while looking at him, Mr. Bhaer just smiled and nodded at the King and went outside.

"Greetings to My King," It was Gerard who greeted him and beside him is the laughing Prince.

"Greet me that way again and I'll kill you," Archid said jokingly to his friend and brother and they all burst out laughing.

"Have you heard about the news?" Nick who is the first to recover from laughing asked his brother, who also stop laughing together with Gerard when they heard him.

"What news?" Archid asked. "So you still don't know?" Nick said with a sneer on his face.

His brother looks at him expectantly, He sighs and then continued, "Well one of my men saw the child in the Jasmine Villa and he told me that the boy is now looking good, so I went there to confirm it,"

"What child?" Archid asks confusedly.

"Don't tell me you have already forgotten about it, the boy that has a decaying disease that the Consort Langley stubbornly brought here even with the exchange of his own life," the Prince said in disbelieve that his brother can forget the incident with the consort of jasmine.

The King face change into a grim one remembering how the Consort act stubbornly in front of everyone even had a gal to challenge him. "So what about the child, is it true?" he asked sounding quite vex.