CHAPTER 110 : Dancing Swords

Life in the village is simple and peaceful. People will start their day in the early morning by eating breakfast and going to work, and when the sun is going down, they will go home and spend most of their day with their family. But there is one place that has a different routine from the others.

It's been a month since Syl and the others came to this village. Archid and his people are preparing for the upcoming battle for the throne. They started watching the people in the palace. There are some days that Syl will not see Archid and Nick at all.

The children started their training with Morgan, sometime Syl and Ren will sit with them to listen to Morgan giving lectures to the children.

Syl started training Ren to learn medicine with him, and sometimes Nathan will join them. They will go out to the square to give free consultation to people, and Syl will let Ren diagnose each patient. He sometimes lets the two do some minor surgery while he assists him. And the rumors about the genius doctors in the village started to spread.

But there is one thing that Syl hates to do that is to wake up early, just like now Syl was pulled out by Gerard to his bed to start training with sword fighting, he's been doing this for a month, and every day this is their routine.

Syl is standing in the yard, sword in his hand and with his eyes half-close. "Consort!" Gerard bellowed to wake up the half-sleeping consort in front of him. Syl was startled and opened his eyes. When he looked around and saw where he was, he immediately got irritated.

"You don't have to shout that loud. I'm not deaf. I can hear you." He said while glaring at Gerard.

"Really?" Gerard asks with his brows raise slightly. Being with Syl most of the time, they become at ease with each other and treated each other as friends. Gerard was given the task to train Syl before. But it was temporarily stopped when they have to follow the King, and now that they are in Escondido, Archid asks Gerard to continue training Syl, especially now that there is danger everywhere and the fight for the throne will start. He wants to make sure that Syl can protect himself.

"Hmm..." Syl said and nodded. "Ahh,, Why don't we take a break today and sleep some more look at my brother his having a hard time stretching." He said while pointing Ren with his sword.

Ren, who is stretching his body to prepare for the training looks at his brother and trying not to laugh. "Ren, why do you stop continue," Nathan said, who is on the side,

"I hope my trainer is gentle as Nathan, but I was so unlucky, and my trainer is this brute," Syl said with a sigh. Gerard, who heard this, just snickered and ran toward Syl and started attacking him.

Syl, whose complaining, saw this action and prepared himself to defend and block Gerard's attack. Gerard knew that even though Syl is naturally lazy when it comes to physical exercise, he knew that he is also good at sword fighting.

Syl blocks the attack and jumps backward, "Come on Gerard. You know that I'm a doctor, this fighting doesn't fit me, and I'm a peace-loving person," he said with a sweet smile on his face. Gerard sneered and attacks again, but this time Syl didn't prepare to block. Instead, he started to move and attack Gerard, and the dance of the sword began. Syl is very agile and light that he can jump and attacks Gerard.          

"Consort, the King wants you to learn how to use a sword to protect yourself, it's not for you to hurt others," Gerard said while he blocks one of Syl's attacks. Actually, in his opinion, Syl doesn't need this training because he already has the skill, but the King still insisted that the consort practice his sword fighting.