CHAPTER LXXXVI

A luxurious carriage with unknown crest strode the street of the capital heading towards the palace. People who saw it wondered who's the person inside it.

Amanda peeks through the curtains and saw the astonished looks on the people's faces. She can help but sneers at them. She felt happy and proud. Those are the looks that she misses so much while she was in hiding.

The look of envy and worship that people gave her wherever she went. She thought she lost it forever but now she's back. "That person should prepare himself because he will pay for what he did to me, he will pay with his blood. I will watch him die every day with my beloved king beside me." She said while she clutches the letter in her hands.

Her eyes shine with excitement while she watches as the palace comes nearer, she can't wait to see her beloved King.

While inside the carriage she notices that the people are all heading towards the palace, "is there an announcement today from the palace," she thought to herself. That's when her eyes shine with excitement "Is my love decided to announce my return to everyone," she happily thinks to herself.

The carriage stops in front of the Gladiolus Palace which is the main palace of the King. She noticed that there are lots of nobles going inside the palace, some of them are the people who flack on her side when she was in her highest position and the ones who left her side in a heartbeat once they've learned that she was falling from grace especially those consort who point fingers on her. She promised herself that those people will pay for what they've done to her.

She saw all of the people outside stared at carriage where she's at and smile to herself proudly. She composes herself before going down the carriage, she taps the door three times when she felt that she was ready to go out from it. The door opens and she slowly went out of the carriage.

People outside all look at the woman who went down of the carriage. At first, they didn't seem to remember or knows the person but when they look at her longer then it dawns on them who this woman is. She is the Lady of Lotus.

"Is that Amanda?" Lady Lucy asked her friend beside her who's also the former consort of the late King. "She looks different from before," she continued while she stares at her.

Before she used to always lay her hair down adored with different ornament. But now it's tied in a sophisticated bun with less ornament. Her bright brown eyes that full of mischief and ill intention is now dull she can't even guess her intentions towards them, and her face that used to be full of charm and sweetness is gone and was replaced by expressionless and stern one.

"She's back, It is not a surprise that she will be back, she's the sister of the Regent, I don't care what she looks like, I'm more concern on what will happen to us, now that she's in position again, I just want to leave this place, Lucy,," Lady Janine murmured to her friend trying not to look at Amanda to not to get her attention.

The once favored consort of the last King but run away to unknown reason. People inside the palace said that she made a grave crime that she was even almost sentenced to death. She was lucky that night when she decided to run away and now she is here again. These are the words that have been passed from one person to another.

Amanda didn't care what these people think about her. She knows very well what they are thinking right now. "They were afraid of her especially those so-called friends of her. She will take her time with them. She will little by little let her anger towards them. She will make them kiss her feet," she thought to herself while she continues to walk inside the palace. "What's important now is for me to see my beloved King and to show these people how much the King loves me," she said to herself with a slight smile on her face.