CHAPTER 13: Coming Prepared

Lady Amanda is seething with anger by the window in her carriage when she saw that Syl is not wearing the gown that she gave him. Syl bowed to her when he's in front of her.

"Why are you not wearing the gown that I gave you?" she asked anger evident in her voice.

Syl bowed again before answering. "I'm sorry milady I didn't mean to disrespect you. I would love to wear your gift but something happens when I was trying it on. My pet suddenly jump on me and she accidentally ripped the dress this is the only piece that is not ruined." he said while touching the red silk wrap around his waist. "I'm sorry milady," he explained

"If I displeased you with this, I guess I should not come with you, for me not to humiliate you any further," he said with a bowed head sounding upset. He stood up straight and was about to walk out when she stops him by her words

"Come inside we will be late if you still stand there," and the door of the carriage open. Syl turns around and walks inside while smiling to himself.

When Syl came inside the carriage the two other ladies are already sitting in the other side of the carriage. They look at Lady Amanda with questioning eyes, she just shakes her head to them. "I think your face is quite simple you need to put on some makeup. You will not get the King's attention if you look that simple," Lady Amanda said to him while the other two ladies were smiling at him while they agreed to what she just said.

Those are the exact words that she said to the previous Syl and he believed her wholeheartedly. That's what leads him to be the laughing stock of the night, the idiot consort of the King, they said. But the previous never felt hatred towards Amanda he even blamed himself for not being good enough.

But the Syl before was already gone and the things happened before will not repeat itself, instead, this night is payback time. He thought to himself while he let this evil plotting woman put makeup on him.

When Lady Lucy was done putting his makeup she smiled to her artwork, "you look wonderful" she said sounding proud with her work. He gave her a smile of gratitude though he knew he looks ridiculous. "Never remove your hood until I say so. Understand?" She ordered him and Syl just nodded at her.

"We are approaching the palace milady," the coachman said from outside. Syl can help himself but to look outside, he is still a history buff after all. He longed to see this with his own eyes. Syl is to mesmerize by the palace, every place is glistening with lights, it is like shining crystals. Different carriages lined up on the entryway, this is what he imagined for a long time. He never dreamed of experiencing it but he did. He would love to explore the palace but he knows that he doesn't have the luxury to do so. He had things to do to save himself from dying.

When they arrived at the entrance, Lady Amanda was the first one to step out of the carriage, Syl is about to follow her when Lady Janine "accidentally" bump into him and he almost lost his footing but he manages to gain his balance but what he didn't save was his eyeglasses that fell down on the ground and of course Lady Janine accidentally step on it and it broke.

"Oh I'm sorry Sir Langley, I didn't mean to, she apologizes to him. Syl just rolled his eyes under his hood he knew that she did it on purpose. They knew that he can't see without his glasses and they want him to feel vulnerable and for him to rely on them but that's where they wrong, Syl's visions are getting better and the glasses that he's using is for reading purposes only his been treating himself with his medicine.

"Uhm... I need to use the bathroom, he said before they enter the ballroom hall. "I'll be quick" he added when he saw Lady Amanda giving him a death glare. She nodded and they left him outside the door.

He looks at the guard standing beside the door he was about to ask but he answered him right away. "There is one down this hall turn left and you will find it," he heard him say. He thanked him and walk towards the way the guard pointed at him.

Before he could reach the bathroom he notices an open door and he immediately slips into it. Syl looked around the room. This room is quite big for a regular one. He sat on the chair in front of a table he takes out two bottles from his waistband.

The one is containing a clear liquid that he uses as his eye drop when he applied it to his eyes his vision becomes clearer. The other one is a cream that he will use to remove the hideous makeup that they put on his face. He saw his reflection from the glass casing that is in the room.

"Shit! They made me look like a clown, ahh... Those wench," he said furiously. He opened the bottle and dip a cloth inside the bottle of cream and started rubbing it to his face.

When he is already finished cleaning his face he grabs the other bottle with the clear liquid and applied a small drop on both of his eyes. He blinks for a couple of seconds and his vision becomes clearer.

Then he saw a black piano and walks towards it. He was itching to play ever since he played horribly in the Lotus villa. Though he wanted to play in his own house, he can't risk it, someone may come and hear him playing but now no one can hear him because everyone is at the party.

Syl sat on the chair in front of the black piano. He runs his fingers to its keys and smiles to himself and he started to play.

He plays one of the songs that he composes during his time and he can't help but sing along with it. Syl is so engrossed with his playing that he doesn't realize that there is someone behind the door watching him.