CHAPTER 20: Feisty Consort

Syl has been coop up in his house for a week now the reason is he had a fever but it didn't last long thanks to his medicines. What irritates him the most is that he needed to pretend to be sick because a certain perverted King who keeps summoning him to the main palace he even send his royal healer to check on him but he refused to meet him. He was the main reason why he had a fever and he didn't know what that perverted King will do to him when he sees him again.

What annoyed him the most is that he couldn't even get out of the house! He knows that his being watch because there this one time that he went outside the garden and the next thing he knew is a messenger is knocking on his door and sending him a letter telling him that the King would like to see him.

"What does he think of me a dog, who will wag his tail when summon, In his fucking dreams!!!" Syl exclaimed while throwing the paper from the window of his room.

He just busied himself in making his medicine and his other tools for medical purposes. Though he could use some of his days exploring the cave that he discovered so he can use it to go to the capital without being seen but unfortunately he can't.

He made enough medicine and they also had too many herbs he needs to sell it now but he can't go outside without asking for permission from the King or to the Queen Dowager but the Queen Dowager hasn't summoned him yet.

Syl and Ren are in the living room with snow. Ren is reading a medical book that he told him to read while snow lay beside Syl, who is laying spread eagle on the floor pondering on how they can go out of the palace when someone knocked on the door. Ren was about to get up but he motioned to him to stop.

"No, continue reading, I'll get it," he said and he stood up and went to the door to see who visits them.

"Yeah?" he asked when he opened the door. This is not the usual messenger that the King sent him. He wonders, who is this girl in front of him? He had never seen her before.

The girl didn't expect to see a beautiful man to open the door. She was awakened when she saw a hand waving in front of her face. "How can I help you?" the man asks her and she blushes because of embarrassment.

"Uhm, I'm looking for the Consort Langley I'm from the palace of the white rose the Queen Dowager residence she sends me to give him this letter," she explained while showing him the letter.

"Oh that's me!" she heard the man say while he held his hands to her, she gave him the letter. The girl was stunned this beautiful man in front of her is the famous Syl Langley that the whole palace was talking about.

They said that the consort is so beautiful, he looks serene and full of elegance that you will hesitate to approach him but this man in front of her is different on what the other describe him to be. He looked so relax and charming, smiling beautifully at her.

He is also different from the other consort. This consort looks like he's just wearing his sleeping clothes with his white shirt and his long cream trouser and barefooted with his hair untied and disarray looking like he just got out from the bed.

When Syl finished reading he invited the woman inside his home, she looks uncertain but he insists. The woman followed him inside the living room. Ren was so busy reading that he didn't notice them.

"Ren, we have a visitor," he stated. Ren looked up and he jumps to his feet when he saw a familiar face. "Ms. Annie!" he blurted out shock eyes round as a saucer.

Annie was surprised when she saw Ren she immediately recognized him when she saw him but what surprised her the most Ren is a servant like her then why is he sitting reading and letting his master to answer the door. Annie suddenly looked dismayed.

Ren saw her reaction towards him and he was embarrassed by his action. Syl notices the awkwardness. "Do you know each other?" Syl asked them.

"Yes, we trained together to be a servant," it was Annie who answered him. "uhm.. alright," Syl said. "Ren would you mind getting Ms. Annie some tea," he asked him. Ren bowed and hurriedly went to the kitchen.

"Master, just call me Annie," she said to him. Syl nodded. "If you excuse me, Annie I will just get ready," then he excuses himself then called Snow to follow him.

When Ren went back it was only Ms. Annie who's in the living room.

"Ms. Annie I hope you will like this tea," then he handed her the cup. Annie looked at him. "You seem fine," she stated.

"Yes," Ren answered him. "I hope you don't forget your place," she reminded him.

"Don't worry he doesn't," Syl answered from the stairs he heard what Annie had told Ren. Annie and Ren both looked at him at the same time,

"I just came down to tell Ren to change too," he said smiling. Annie understood the look on the consort face. He's telling her that this is what exactly what he wants, that Ren is a family to him.

Ren looked at Annie and bowed then he went towards his brother. "Don't wear those fucking brown clothes of yours," he told Ren.

"I can't brother or they will cut my head off," he answered him.

"ahh I hate those brown clothes," he said with irritation but Ren just laughed at him.

Annie heard all their conversation and she was smiling to herself. This consort is indeed a different one. "I'm happy Ren is with him, Ren is lucky, very lucky. Take care of your family Ren," she said to herself while looking at the two.