CHAPTER 35: The Visit

Ren can't concentrate on his book. He keeps glancing at Syl who is sprawled on the floor still wearing his sleeping clothes while staring at a vial that he's been holding and he keeps on sighing.

It's the first day that his older brother was out from the attic after staying there for a few days. They just finished their lunch a while ago and now they are in the living room together with Snow who's playing with little Georgie while Fredrick is reading a book like him. But what bothers him the most is his older brother who keeps on sighing. He's about to ask him when he heard someone called out from outside.

Everyone seems to hear it except for Syl. He saw Fredrick who's about to stand up and answer the door, but he gestured for him not to. "I'll answer it, just continue reading and watch over them," he gestures his head towards Syl, "Especially him," he added. Fredrick looks at his older brother who is on the floor and nods to Ren. "Yes, I will," he answered him with understanding.

Syl is too occupied with his thoughts since he was out from the attic. He wasn't able to change from his sleeping clothes and didn't even tie his hair. He was too busy thinking about how he will give this antidote that he developed especially for the crown prince, without anyone suspecting him of trying to poison the crown prince, especially now that everyone knew that he's not on good terms with the King. If something happened to this crown prince he will be the one they will suspect first.

He doesn't want history to repeat itself, he needs to save this child from the evil clutches of that two face Lotus and for him to save his own arse. This is the main reason why he was sentenced to death. Before he started developing the antidote for the crown prince, he heard that the constitution of this child is not in good condition. He was constantly sick since he was a baby.

He felt pity for this child though he had never met him. He wants this child to be healthy and to play with the other kids. He made this antidote with the thought of making the child healthy and also to save his life, but the question now is, how will he give this antidote to that kid?

Ren was stunned when he saw who is outside their door. He blinks a few times to make sure that he wasn't just seeing things. He gulps when he realizes that it was the King. This is the first time that the King visited their villa he felt all his hair on his body raised. He was to surprise to speak.

Archid notices that the guy in front of him is overwhelmed by his presence. He was standing there looking at him. So this is the brother, he is not that special unlike what his brother had told him last time, Archid thought to himself. "Is Consort Langley present today?" he asked the person in front of him.

Ren was surprised to hear the King's voice and he immediately answered him and forgot his brother's mental state just now. "Yes, Your Majesty his inside," he immediately makes way for the King to enter their home.

"Please follow me, Your Majesty," the King just nods at him and Ren started to lead the King where Syl is currently laying on the floor. Ren suddenly stops walking when he remembers that his brother is not in his perfect state right now.

"Oh!!" Ren's eyes grew wide like a saucer when he realizes what he just did. He cannot stop hitting his face with his own hand forgetting that he was in front of the King. He just sighs and decided to announce the King's presence praying that his brother will be awakened from his stupor.

"THE KING OF WESSMOR GRACE US WITH HIS PRESENCE!!" Ren shouted as loud as he can.

The King is astounded by what Ren just did to himself. He was about to ask him when he shouted his presence at the top of his lungs. He was shocked by what just happened and the younger man just continued walking again. He looks at his chief aide questioningly who is standing beside him when they entered the villa. Bhaer just shrugs he is also clueless as the King is. They have no choice but to follow the weird brother of the Consort of Jasmine.

The boys heard Ren shouted the presence of the King and immediately stood up straight, preparing to greet the King. When Fredrick look around he saw his older brother still laying on the floor, he was about to get his attention but he saw the King at the entrance of the living room. Fredrick and Georgie bowed their heads and greeted the King. "Good afternoon, Your Majesty" the boys greeted at the same time.

Archid looks at the children who greeted him and he also notices a white figure in their back. He looks around the room and saw the one he was looking for. That person was laying on the floor oblivious to his presence he didn't know if he does it intentionally or he just didn't notice him.

Ren was horrified when he saw that Syl is still laying on the floor, still in his own little world. He was about to walk towards his brother but the King called his name.

"Ren. That's your name, right?" he heard the King asked. "Yes, Your Majesty," he answered the King nervously.

"Take the children with you for a while, I will just have a talk with the Consort?" the King told him. Ren doesn't know what to do. He doesn't want to leave his brother who's clueless and still lays on the floor but to disrespect, the King is not a good thing for them. So he has to leave his brother for now and apologize later.

"Come on Fredrick, Georgie let's go," the children obeyed and went with him. Fredrick looks reluctant to leave the King with Syl. "Come on child, let's go outside," Bhaer asks the child who is still standing in the doorway, but Fredrick didn't move still looking worriedly inside the room. "Don't worry nothing bad will happen to the Consort," the child looks at Bhaer not trusting his words but still nod at him and follow him outside.

Archid is amused to see Syl sprawled on the floor and still in his sleeping wear who doesn't seem to notice that he is already inside his home. Everyone who is inside the Jasmine Villa was nervous about his presence but this Consort is still inside his little world it seems.

The King walks towards where Syl lays and looks down on him. "You seem too deep in your thoughts that you didn't notice my presence my dear Consort of Jasmine," Archid said teasingly.

"WAHH..," Syl shouted when he saw the King's face in front of him he immediately sat up. "What are you doing here?" he blurted out, looking dumbfounded that the King is in front of him.