CHAPTER 19: Feisty Consort

"He's a feisty one, I commend him on that," said a man with a light brown hair and chocolate brown eye who's wearing a white shirt with black waistcoat and breeches with a white coat when he entered the private room where Archid would relax or to meet his closes friends like the man who just entered the room.

His name is Nathan March who came from a family of healers. His family has been serving the royal families since his grandfather's time. "Why? What happened?" Archid asked with a raised brow.

Nathan sat down beside their other friend Gerard Sidney the general of the King's war soldier and one of the most trusted men of the King.

Gerard has black hair and dark blue eyes with a beard he looks like a man of war upright and serious and a man of few words. They nodded at each other before Nathan continues answering the King. "Well the consort of the Jasmine Villa refuses to see me," Nathan answered the King.

"His companion told me that his masters wish me to just return back here to the palace and do my job and don't waste my time with him. Oh, and he wants to tell you that if you are doing this to atone for your perverted ways on him just stop he doesn't need it. And also he would like for you stop sending your "dogs" to watch over him," Nathan narrated exactly what the companion of the consort told him telling all this to the King trying to hold his laughter.

"I suppose I was the dog," Gerard stated with a raised brow. Nathan can't hold it anymore and he burst out his laughter and he was not alone Prince Nick joined him while tapping the shoulder of the pissed looking Gerard.

"I really like that Consort of Jasmine, He is the first one who is not too eager to please you brother," Nick told his brother. "Hey don't look at me like you're going to kill me, what I mean is, I like his personality, his different, so stop with the glare," he reprimanded his older brother when he saw him sending death glare at him.

Nick and Archid are close brothers. They always had each other's backs. Nick will always support his brother and he doesn't have interest on the throne he has his own responsibility to think of.

Archid was watching his most trusted friends laughing on his expense and it's because of the Consort of Jasmine Villa who refuses to see him because of a fever that he caught after the incident in the woods a week ago.

At first, he didn't believe him and decided to send Gerard to spy on him and when he returned he reported that the consort was indeed sick and has not been going out for days. The only one they saw going outside the house is his servant.

He felt guilty and decided to send his private healer but still refuses him. Archid patience towards the consort is getting thinner.

Gerard notices the behavior of the King, he knows that look. He's in the verge of losing his patience, "Your majesty relax, You can blame the consort for not wanting to see you," he reminded the King. The King just looked at him and nodded. Everyone in the room knew what happened between them.

They decided to change the topic when someone knocks on the door. Mr. Bhaer who is in the room the whole time, Bhaer is the chief aid of the king since he was a child. He is the one who opens the door.

Mr. Bhaer went back to them and handed Gerard a letter. "Your man sent this to you my Lord," he said while handing him the letter. Gerard opens the letter and smiled. 'Your Majesty, Consort of Jasmine is at your Queen mother's palace right now," he said teasingly.

The people in the room all look at him and he smirks at them. "I suddenly remembered that I need to visit my mother," he said and walked out. The three men who were left in the room looked at each other and laughed at the same time.

"I think I need tofollow him so he won't embarrass himself," Nick said andstood up. The two agree with him and left the room