CHAPTER 17: Aftermath

The King and Lady Amanda are both in the dining room but they are not talking with each other they were busy thinking about the events that happened last night and to a certain person.

Archid had woken up with a foul mood even though he had a rendezvous with his favorite Lady Amanda he can't stop thinking about the emerald eyes with blue specks looking straight at him while he sang.

Everyone was astonished on his blunt declaration of fighting back to those who want to harm him, letting everyone know that he won't just sit around and let anyone hurt him.

Despite the message of the song they can't help but to admire his music, it has different kind of tune that they never heard before. The way he performed is also different from the usual it was like he was captivating you, you can help but to look at him when he look at you. He can't forget the way he will looks at him seductively and it will change like as if he's challenging him, sometimes he even felt irritated when he noticed him looking at someone and sending them a smile that he won't give him, that irk him too.

What he can forget the most is his attitude when he was done performing. Syl bowed at him and returned the guitar to the ballet and took his cloak. He went to his mother and he heard him say.

"Your Grace, I think it's time for me to leave. I've caused to much trouble here, that I think I will be the topic until next week," he joked and his mother just nodded with understanding.

"I'll just visit you one of these days," he heard her say to him. He saw him shook his head. "You can always call for me Your Grace and I will gladly come" he answered her and his mother smiled at Syl. "Bless you, child,"

Syl then walk towards Amanda he saw him bowed at her and he came near her, he knew that he whispered something bad at her because Lady Amanda face said it all. She turned red and her eyes were burning with hatred.

Syl moved away from her and he faced him again. "Your Majesty, Thank you for inviting me here and giving me a chance to introduce myself to you and to the people who are present here, I hope I made you happy as that's what my goal for the night. I must take my leave now," he said with a forced smile at him.

"I hope you enjoyed Lady Amanda's gift to you, Your Majesty," he said it with a sneer. He then turns back and walks away while his head held high.

People just watch him as he leaves they were overwhelmed by his behavior towards the King. This is the first time that someone stood up against Lady Amanda of Lotus and his bold actions towards the King unnerved them.

Lady Amanda in the other hand is fuming against Syl. She can't believe that a mere peasant dared to stand against her. She can't forget the last words that he told her.

Syl walks towards her and bowed at her. She was surprised when he leans to her and he whispered. "It was nice playing with you Lady Amanda, I hope you learned something from me," he said mocking her.

She was so angry that she felt hot all over her body. He dared to humiliate her. She was too deep in her thoughts that she didn't notice that she accidentally bump her glass when she was griping her fork too hard and the contents of the glass were spilled at her.

Both she and the King were awakened from their stupor. "I'm sorry Your Majesty, I was too occupied because of what happened last night," she apologized to him.

Archid looks at her and nodded. "Is that so, maybe it is better if I return to the main palace," he stated.

Lady Amanda felt a little panic with the King's words she doesn't want him to go back to the main palace and think about that idiot Syl. She knew that the King was also thinking about him, she noticed it last night after Syl left, the King was not in the mood to party and she tired her best to coax him to come to her bed.

The King was about to stand up when she holds his hand and stop him. "I'm sorry for my attitude earlier, we should just forget about last night and enjoy our day hmm," She said a bit cheerful now.

"Maybe we could ride and go to the falls in the woods. It's been a long time since the last time we swim in there," she said suggestively and she smiled at him seductively.

Archid clearly understood what she meant and smirk at her. "Very well shall we go?" He stood up and held his hand to her and she eagerly took it.