CHAPTER 3: Present Time

After having that strange thought, Syl decided to continue reading the diary. He will just stop to get a drink, eat and have a quick shower or change his position while reading. He sometimes read at his bed or at his study table. He's too engrossed in reading this diary that he didn't go out of his room.

The first few entries on the diary is obviously writing of a child but as the person gets older the writing gets more interesting but the entry that affected him the most is when Syl was 18 years old and lost both his parents.

His father was killed by a bandit in his way home after attending one of his patients. His mother was devastated of this unfortunate event and his mother who was originally a happy person full of life became sad, her body weakens with each passing day but still she tried to be strong for her son but because of these circumstances she still followed her husband to the spring and left the young Syl alone in their small warm house that became cold because he was alone.

A month has pass and Syl little by little started to learn to live his life. His neighbors and friends help him to cope and thanks to the things that his parents left to him he was able to start his life again. He used the books that his father left and learned how to make medicine and he also planted some herbs to sell in the market.

His life was peaceful until one day while he was tending to his plants a blue carriage with the symbol of the St. John Dynasty appeared in front of his house and everything changes for Syl.

A man steps out of the carriage it's Mr. Bhaer the trusted man of the King. He said that the King asked him to come to the palace. Syl was scared he doesn't understand why the King wants to see him and Mr. Bhaer is not telling him any more details.

He didn't want to come at first but to disobey the monarch can be seen as treason and that's why he doesn't have a choice but to come.

Syl was nervous and scared. He doesn't know why his summoned by the King. Does he somehow offended him but he doesn't remember seeing the King his never been in the capital before this is his first time here.

He was too lost in his thoughts that he didn't notice that they already reach the palace. When the carriage stops Mr. Bhaer step out and he followed him and when he saw the large house he was stunned and he was left standing outside mouth gaping.

"Young Master is there something wrong?" he heard Mr. Bhaer ask him. He looked at Mr. Bhaer and point at himself. "Are you referring to me sir?" He asked him. "Yes, Young Master I'm referring to you,"

His eyes grew wide as a saucer after hearing his answer. His reaction is full of questions. Mr. Bhaer noticed this. "Young Master I will explain all to you when we are inside the Jasmine Villa so please kindly follow me,"

Syl was left in the Jasmine Villa by Mr. Bhaer after explaining to him why they brought him here. According to Mr. Bhaer starting this day he will live in the Jasmine Villa as the Male Consort of the New King St. John. This is a royal edict of the previous King Richard St. John before he died.

Apparently, his parents and the previous royal couple are friends and King Richard promise that if something happens to his friends he will take responsibility for their child and he will be the male consort of their first son.

But the King died a year ago and when the Queen Dowager summoned his parents in the palace she learned that they also pass away living their only son and she immediately went to his son to present the royal edict and that is why he was brought here to fulfill the late King's edict.

Everything happened so fast, his peaceful life in the countryside suddenly change in the blink of an eye and because of this edict his once peaceful life become a life full of deceit, hatred, jealousy, and greed inside the court and the innocent, pure and kind hearted Syl was thrown in this den of wild wolves he was used and tear up.

Because of being naïve he was used by others to become a laughing stock and as a result, gain the title of the unfavored consort. The one he thought his friend was the one who betrayed him the most. He was accused of a crime that he didn't do or know that will lead to his demise.

Syl close the diary while shaking his head he felt sorry for the misfortunes of the previous owner but he was impressed on how innocent and kind hearted this person was. He didn't notice the bad intentions of the people around him. He was also angered by those consorts who conspired against him.

"If I was in that situation none of it will happen because I could probably see right through them being a Langley has it perks indeed!" He said this while looking at the earring.

Because of the status of his family, Syl learned from the young age that some people are not what they showed them to be. He is used to people who often use flowery words and praises him to get in his good side or use him to be able to get to his parents and because of that, he learned to read people intentions and play with them.

"Maybe because of your kindhearted nature and misfortunes that I gain this kind of life today if you are truly my past life I owe it all to you," Syl believes in reincarnation and past life that is why he has thoughts in his head.

"I wish I could repay you. I wish I could help you. I wish I was there," he uttered this word right from his heart he meant every word that has been said and after saying those he kissed the dangle earring that is on his hand.

Unaware that a rare phenomenon which is called the lunar eclipse is happening outside his window, this incidents also happened 300 years ago when a dying man uttered his wish wholeheartedly when the moon and the sun were at the same phase but in different places.