CHAPTER 14: Intruder

King Archid is on his way to his private waiting room, he decided to stay there to prepare himself for another tiring night of partying, though he doesn't want any celebration for his victory in winning another war he didn't have a choice, He's the king, it will be celebrated whether he like it or not.

But in his surprise, someone was already occupying his private room. He's about to barge in and catch this person but stops when he heard a melody that is foreign to his ears and followed by a soft voice.

He never heard this song before. It was about unexpected love of two people who live in two different worlds both were hurt before, the other wants to risk again for love and but other one is trying to resist, though it loves the other. They were both just too scared to trust. He felt the longing and love from the voice.

He's about to go in when someone shouts calling for someone's name. The music stops and the person on the piano suddenly got up and run towards the door. He hides in the shadows and he also instructed his guards to do the same.

He saw the person runs towards the ballroom, this person is wearing a light blue cloak the hood covered it face. She's quite tall for a girl. He assumed that it was girl base on her voice. "This party is not a bad idea after all," the king stated.

Syl met the fuming Lady Lucy in front of the ballroom. She suddenly grabs him and pulls him inside the ballroom. "What took you so long?" she asked angrily

"Sorry I got lost. I can't see properly, it's a good thing I heard your voice, he answered her. They went to the table where Lady Amanda and Janine were already seated Lady Lucy sat at the left side of Lady Amanda and he sat opposite her. He saw Lucy whisper something to Lady Amanda and she laughed.

"Useless idiot," he heard her say and three evil ladies laughed some more getting the attention of the people near them. He pretended not to hear it and just look around the big ballroom.

The place is still quite dark because the candles on the tables was the only one being lighted. It's a good thing for Syl so the three Ladies won't see his face.

The door opened and the candles hanging from the ceiling was lighted and the whole ballroom was filled with lights all the candles around the room lit and he saw crystals also hanging on the walls and ceiling.

The ballroom was decorated by red and blue, all the attendees are wearing glamorous clothes. Syl was so fascinated by his surroundings. He never dreamed that he was going to experience this kind of party, a true medieval party.

Then everyone's attention shifted to the man who walks through the center of the room and people started clapping.

The man is standing 6'2 ft or so.", he was wearing a gold robe with a blue dragon embroidered on its back. This man has a wide shoulder walking proudly and commanding respect in his every step.

He can deny that this man is a handsome man with his chiseled jaw, straight nose, deep blue eyes, and thin lips. No wonder all the ladies at the court went gaga over him.

Following the King is another man wearing a green robe with black turtle embroidered on its back. He's not as tall as the king maybe 6'0ft tall but this one has a relaxed presence on him. They are equally handsome this one has pale blue eyes and dark brown hair, unlike the King who has black. The ladies all giggled when he passed them. Maybe this is the rumored playboy the Prince he thought.

When the King reached the front aisle everyone stops clapping. The King stood in front and looked at the people who attended the party. There he saw his favorite Lady of Lotus with his other consorts. When their eyes meet she smiled seductively at him and he felt excited.

The King tried to find the girl in the blue cloak but he didn't saw her in the crowd, he felt quite disappointed. Then he gestured for them to start the party.

Syl was hidden in the shadow he saw the exchange between the Lady of two faces and the King. He felt gross and he can help but roll his eyes. Then he watches as Lady Amanda stood up and walk on the center and bowed to the king.

"Good Evening, Your Majesty," she greeted. "I'm standing here before you to congratulate our King for his recent victory and for securing the safety of our land and because of that, I prepared a small entertainment for His Majesty and also for the people who are present here tonight," she stated. Everyone's attention is now on her, anticipating for this lady of lotus "entertainment".

Many people in the palace knew that the Lady of lotus has a terrible way of entertainment. They knew that it always involved someone who she didn't like, and some of them felt sorry for this person, others may enjoy it, especially the King, who let her do it.

Oh, she moves so fast I commend her for that, well the fastest she moves the fastest I can accomplish what I came here for, he thought to himself with a sinister smile under his hood. He leans on his chair and crosses his leg a habit he has when he's feeling good about his plan. "I can't wait for this," he murmured with a menacing tone on his voice and he said it quite louder so the two ladies could hear him.

The Lady Lucy and Janine felt a chill when they heard his voice and what he said, they both look at him and they were scared of what they saw.

This man in front of them is different from the Syl that they knew, they felt intimidated, scared even. Something is not right, they thought. They want to stop Amanda but they knew that it is impossible to stop her, she won't listen to them. All they can do now is pray that this will work as they planned.

"May I present to you, Sir Syl Langley of the Jasmine Villa," Lady Amanda announced.

Everyone in the ballroom looks around trying to find this poor lamb. Some are at lost because the Jasmine Villa is located to the secluded area of the palace and most of the villa is where the consort of the King and the Prince reside. Does the King take a male consort?

This is all the thoughts that also running to the head of the Prince when he looked at his brother, the king. The King just looks straight to Lady Amanda and she returned it with a smile.