CHAPTER LII

Archid went out from the abandoned house with Syl on his back. It was also the time when Morgan came with his people. When Morgan saw the King he quickly run towards them followed by Hans who had the King's horse with him and who happened to be the brother of the boy who helped Archid to find Syl.

Syl saw Morgan coming towards them he lifted his head from Archid's shoulder. "Hello old Morgan you came, Why so many people?" he asked when Morgan is near them.

Archid heard Morgan chuckled when Syl greeted him. He didn't say anything and just looks at Morgan. "How are you consort? I see you put yourself into trouble again ha?" Morgan said while he smiles at the consort. Archid saw the fire in the eyes of the man in front of him, though this man is laughing with him he knew that his angry and worried about what happened with Syl.

Syl tried to laugh with Morgan but he felt dizzy and his vision starting to blur and fainted. Archid panic when Syl's head fell on his shoulder, he knew that he fainted. Morgan who saw it and also panic, he hurriedly touch Syl's neck to feel his pulse. Morgan releases the breath that he was holding after checking up on Syl.

He looks at the King and was surprised to see a worried look on his face. Does the King feel something to this Consort? He wondered to himself. "His alright Your Majesty he just falls asleep," he said to the King.

Archid felt relieved after hearing what Morgan says. He nodded at him. "We need to go, I need to bring him back to the palace," he said to the man and went to his horse.  He let Hans take Syl from his back so he could climb on his horse, then Hans handed him the consort. Syl will probably get mad when he knew that he's being pass on like a newborn babe, but Archid didn't mind that for now, his concern is to bring Syl back to the palace.

Before he goes, he looks at Morgan with a sharp gaze. "I need names," he said sternly. Morgan didn't say anything and just bowed to his King and Archid left.

The King arrived at the main palace, he went down to his horse, Syl lying on his arms. It's a good thing that this person is sleeping right now or else it will be a riot. When the King saw his servant he started barking orders at them and they all followed him while Mr. Bhaer following behind him.

Archid walks toward his room, when his servants saw him coming they immediately open the door to his room. He gently lay Syl's sleeping body on his bed and he turned to Mr. Bhaer. "Call Nathan tell him I need him to check up on Syl and I need you to oversee all the things that my consort needs," he said to his chief aide. Mr. Bhaer bowed and went out.

Syl fell down on the ground and crying he is so afraid that the people who are pursuing them will catch them. The boy who is with him crouches down and wipe his tears. "Come on little falcon don't cry," the boy tells him. "I can't run anymore my feet and legs are tired and they hurt," he said still crying afraid that the boy will leave him.

"Alright, don't cry come on you can ride on my back," the boy said while he turned around to face his back on him so he could climb on his back. Syl wipes his tears and climb on the boys back and wrap his arms around his neck. "Thank you, big brother," and the boy started running again.

Syl is crying while watching the boy walks away from him. "Big brother" he called out. The boy looked back at him and run towards him. When they met the boy handed him the earring in the shape of a diamond with a crescent moon hanging on the center.

"Keep it. I promise I will look for you," the boy said then he kissed his forehead and walk away. Syl clutches the earring on his little hand tightly and decided to wait for the boy to fulfill his promise.

"How is he?" Archid asked worriedly to Nathan when he saw that his friend was done on checking up on Syl.

Nathan looks at his worried friend. He was really surprised to see the worried look at his friend face. How can this consort stir this kind of emotion from the King? Does his friend even know that his mask is wearing off because of his consort? Nathan thought to himself.

"His fine, It's a good thing he had an antidote with him if he was late taking it. He's already dead by now, I wonder what kind of poison is that I never saw that kind of poison before. Did he made it himself?" Nathan asks Archid,

"It's made of Baccata Yew mix with chamomile and yarrow," Syl answered Nathan. He is already awake when he heard Archid ask his condition. They were surprised when they heard Syl voice. Archid immediately walks beside his bed, "How are you?" he asked while looking at his stubborn consort.

Syl smiles weakly to the King, "I'm alright Your Majesty. You don't have to worry too much," he said while he tried to sit up, Archid saw this and quickly supported him together with Nathan. "You need to eat Consort Langley, the King said you vomited earlier," Nathan told him and he nodded. He saw Archid nod to Mr. Bhaer and he went out. He's sure that the chief aide will be back with his food.

"Where do you get that poison?" Archid asks Syl when Bhaer and the other servants went out of the room. "I made it myself." Syl answered him. "Why?" he heard Nathan asked.

Syl looks at the two people in front of him and he sighed. "I made that to protect myself with this kind of troubles. You see I'm not good at physical combat and I don't have any weapons me with me. So I have no choice, it's either him or me and besides it always comes with an antidote," he explained with the two men in front of him, they were speechless after what he said.

"Don't you know that baccata yew can kill you? When did you take the poison it seems that it was in your system for a long time if you were late for just a second it will cost you your life," Nathan ask the Consort eager to hear his answer.

"I know, that's why I mix it with chamomile and yarrow so I will sweat and the toxins of baccata yew will be presents in my sweat that will kill anyone who touches me. I took the poison before I first lost my consciousness, I drank half of it and left the half under my tongue so it won't work as fast as expected, I already have an idea what they will do to me, that is why I didn't hesitate to do that. It won't kill me anyways," he said nonchalantly. "Why?" Archid asks confusedly.

Syl smiles at them. "It's for me to know and for you two to find out" Archid was about to say something when Mr. Bhaer came followed by the servants with a tray of foods. "Wow food I'm starving," Syl said with a smile on his face and he straightens his back. Archid saw this and just shake his head.

Nathan is amazed by how this person thinks. He's not afraid to use his own creation to himself while knowing it can cost him his own life. He is too sure of himself, who doesn't hesitate to take any risk. People may think that this person is harmless and just plain kind hearted person, but they were wrong. There is a ruthless person who's hiding in his good persona. If anyone dares to awaken it they should be prepared to die. This person is much more frightening than Archid he thought while he looks at the gentle face of Consort Syl Langley.