CHAPTER 40 : Hope Has Come

Syl is in the garden sitting under a tree and reading with snow while the children are doing their lessons. Ren decided to help out in the kitchen. He's so engrossed with his book when he heard someone calling him. He looks up and saw a servant with tea in her hand.

"I didn't ask for that," he told her. "I know Young Master, but I thought you need some refreshment. You've been reading for a long while now," she said.

Syl feels weird with this servant. This is the first time that someone approaches him like this. He stares at the cup that she's offering him, and he notices a piece of paper under the teacup that she's trying to hide. He looks up and stares at the servant's eyes. She's pleading with him to take the cup. He looked around and saw no one. He immediately took the cup from her. He nods at the servant, and she bowed at him and left.

Syl looked around to see if someone's watching him, then he simply drops the paper in his book. He put down the cup and opens the letter using his book as a cover, and he started reading it.

Please, Consort Jasmine, Help the Princes from the governess, she's been abusing the children for a long time now, and no one could help them. You are our only hope to end their suffering at the hands of their governess.

Lily is very anxious all day after she gave the letter to the consort. She and Hans have been anticipating how the consort will react, but to her dismay, the consort did nothing, he acted as if nothing happened. He just went as he did before. Until the consort left, her hope disappeared ilike a thin air.

Maybe they were wrong about the consort. Maybe Consort Jasmine is just like the others who just care about themselves. Is there anyone who can help these poor children? Lily thought while looking at the retreating carriage of the consort until it disappears.

Syl is not himself since he read the note. He's been controlling his anger towards the governess. Everytime he saw her, he wants to grab her hair, and threw her to the river, and her drown.

When the children came back from their lesson. He never left his eyes on the two princes, and observing their every move, he remembered the way the boys acted earlier. They were so afraid of Ms. Whitter, and the usual rambunctious little prince stayed quiet the whole time. Then he notices a small scratch behind the little prince's ear, and when Georgie accidentally grabs the crown prince's shoulder, he saw him wince, and he just covered it with a smile.

"Are you alright, Crown Prince?" He asked the child wishing that he will tell him the truth. The Crown Prince looks at him straight in the eyes and what he saw almost broke his resolve. His eyes are pleading with him for help. He tried to coax him to speak by nodding at him. The prince was about to speaks, but he stops and forces a smile on his lips. He had an idea who's behind him, and when he turned at the door, he saw the smiling face of the evil governess.

He had to remind himself to stay calm and be rational. He needs to have evidence against the governess for the King to believe his claims and so that he could take away the princes from her hand. He needs to catch her red-handed. He's been avoiding the looks that the servant was giving him so that Ms. Whitter would not find out that he knew something. He acted that he didn't care at all. He keeps on doing it until they left the prince's residences.

Syl could not erase the looks on the prince's faces when they left their residence. They both look dispirited and terrified. He didn't want to leave them, but he had to. He hugged the Crown Prince. and he whispered to him. For him not to lose hope. "Be strong," the child stares at him and gives him a determined look.

"STOP!!" He bellowed when they reach the place not too far from the princes' residence, and the carriage immediately stops. Everyone inside the carriage was startled. They were all looking at him confusedly and before anyone could ask him. He hurriedly takes out a note from his pocket. He looked at Fredrick, who was staring at him.