CHAPTER 15: Only Hope

When he heard his name being called he stood up. "Let the show begin," he murmured. He walks slowly but confidently towards Lady Amanda not taking the hood off and he knew that everyone's attention is on him just the way he planned. He looks at Amanda who thinks that she still has the reins.

Lady Amanda is so excited to start with her plan he hated this man, Syl Langley. For her, he doesn't belong to this palace, only nobles like her have the right to live here, not him a lowly man without a worth on his name and tonight she will put him on his place. She thought while tilting her head proudly.

Syl bowed to the King and Lady Amanda when he reached the front.

"You may take off your hood now," Lady Amanda told him. Everyone was anticipating what's under that hood, knowing the Lady of Lotus it would be good and they will have a good laugh about it.

Syl reached for his hood and slowly took it off. Everyone is surprised to see a beautiful face, eyes as green as emerald with blue specks on the center. Oval shaped faced with a button nose and thin red lips who looks like an angel. If they didn't hear the lady called him sir they will mistake him for a girl. This is not what they expected to see. Even the King is confused about what he saw. This is not the usual play of Lady Amanda.

Syl is laughing to himself when he saw the look on Lady Amanda's face. Her eyes become round as a saucer, he thought they will pop out from her socket and then she glared at him. If looks could kill he would probably be dead by now.

He saw her looking at her accomplices and they are also shocked like her. He looks at her and smiled innocently. She took a deep breath and calmed herself.

Syl then decided to look at the King to see his reaction. He didn't expect that the King is still looking at him and their eyes met. Syl being a proud man that he is, looks at the King straight in the eyes, as is if he was challenging him. The Prince saw this and raises one of his brows and smiled. This one is bold, he thought.

The King was appalled to the blunt action of this man. He was about to reprimand him and to make him remember his place when suddenly his wolf dog jump down and went to the man. He was about to stop his pet on approaching him when Midnight his ferocious pet whimpered in front of the man.

His staring competition with the King was suddenly interrupted by the gasp of the people around him and when the King suddenly stood up looking worried. He was too busy riling up the King that he didn't notice Midnight. He was surprised when he heard a familiar whimper. When he looks down he saw the wolf-dog sitting in front him.

Syl couldn't hide his excitement after seeing Midnight he misses him so much though he had snow he still misses the presence of this black wolf dog. He crouches down in front of him and he hugs midnight.

"Hey boy, I miss you. Have you been well? It's nice to have you here at least I have someone here that I could trust," Archid heard the man speak with his soft and raspy voice. He knew that he is the only one who heard the man because the others are caught on the scene in front of them. The well-known ferocious pet of the King is in the arms of a stranger.

Lady Amanda is the first one to regain herself from shock, she was angry to see that Syl is getting everyone's attention especially the King in a good way. She was about to grab Syl by the shoulder when Midnight growled at her, she shrieks so loud that the King immediately jumps in front of her.

"Midnight stop!" Archid commands his pet and in his surprise, the wolf-dog is so angry with the woman behind him that it didn't obey him. Syl saw this and immediately hold midnight and calm him down.

"Come on, boy, I'm fine relaxed no one's going to hurt me. Archid heard him say. Then the wolf-dog whimpered and licks Syl on his face.

"Go back to your master because I need to do something alright," they heard him say and in everyone surprise, the wolf-dog obeyed and went back beside the king's chair.

"I guess we should start your performance Sir Langley," he heard someone say. Syl looks at the one who just spoke and he saw that it was the one who walked behind the King earlier. This man walks towards him, "I'm Nicholas St. John the Prince, brother of the King," he introduced himself and bowed to him. Syl bowed back and looks at Nicholas, he smiled at him and said "I think you are right, Your Highness, I should start,"

Nicholas turned to his brother and nodded. Archid then guided Lady Amanda to her seat and went back to his throne. Nicholas already brought him in front of the piano, Syl sat down and the Prince gestures for him to start.

He took a deep breath and placed his finger on the keys and started playing.